LP6's on the Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to add 4 LP6’s to my Evil front bumper. I’m looking to wire two to one upfitter switch and the other two to another switch. My question is, will this require a relay or am I ok wiring them directly to the factory upfitter wiring?

Sorry for such a basic question but I appreciate any help.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I’m going to add 4 LP6’s to my Evil front bumper. I’m looking to wire two to one upfitter switch and the other two to another switch. My question is, will this require a relay or am I ok wiring them directly to the factory upfitter wiring?

I would wire the uplifter to power a relay to turn on the lights.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

1689630605611.png
Hey,
From what I have found the Amp rating on switches will not be able to support 2 Lp6. The solution for this will getting https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...-upfitter-lock-out/?sku=640167&vid=3921326335. This will add a relay that will allow you to run them off your factory aux switches.
Best,

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday everyone.

I received my LP6’s and the upfitter lockout harness as recommended by BD. I was laying out the harness tonight to prep myself for the install this weekend. I have one question before I dig into this.

- how did you wire the backlighting on the LP6? I see BD recommends tapping into the DRL on the headlight, and I agree with that, but I have not been able to find anything online giving me an idea which wire to look for.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I have a SPV rear harness for some back up lights that I ran to the front. I have heard of headlight issues tapping into their wires. No issues with the rear harness. That being said, I have the LP9's back lighting on a uplifter switch. Didn't want them on all the time. The S8 light bar back lighting is hooked up to the rear harness.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those that purchased the SPV main harness with relay, where did you guys mount it? Looking at my engine bay, I don’t see where I can mount the relay and it still have enough wire length to connect to the battery. Maybe I’m just blind or something.

IMG_6963.jpeg

bobbyph1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jumping in for info as I just ordered a new bumper along with 4 LP6 so definitely taking notes!

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jumping in for info as I just ordered a new bumper along with 4 LP6 so definitely taking notes!

Hey bobbyph1,
Glad to hear you went with the Lp6 for your raptor. Can't wait to see the photos of the lights on the vehicle. I am always here to help so feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Best,

bobbyph1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey bobbyph1,
Glad to hear you went with the Lp6 for your raptor. Can't wait to see the photos of the lights on the vehicle. I am always here to help so feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Best,
Thank you! Definitely will post pictures just waiting for everything to come in.