Lowrance Group Buy - Feeler

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had a chance to install and test out, not permanent yet. Got to get into power better and find a spot for the antenna. Looks to have an internal antenna too which just driving around works pretty good so not sure if the external one is really needed in this application.

Mounted up

f16e1b173ab11380fe40daf7e938d225.jpg

Turning it on for the first time

5cc1963bf7420a6bf0981f09b42fe168.jpg

It found me!

01fad9b9d4bb9e2ec2bf26a924d1d04a.jpg

94a748fed024f23d120320fc8e049dbb.jpg

Moving and zooming around

521e45ad061840ffe23c1da398f6e051.jpg

Now I have to learn how to use this thing!

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I also heard that some are shipping this week and next week

That's the mount from Outlaw? So far does it seem pretty sturdy? I really wanted the folding mount but have had a hard time getting my hands on one so I might just snag on of these.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Does the antenna itself need power? I heard the external keeps lock if you kill the truck but the internal has to start over each restart....?

No. The antenna plugs directly into the back of it. There is no T-connector like on the Point-1 antenna that requires power and can have multiple GPS using the antenna. I wired the Trophy to my aftermarket AUX switches that always has power unless I flip the switch to turn it off. So I can kill the truck but leave the GPS running. I believe if you wire to the cig adapter, it will always be on too unless you turn the GPS off by its own power button

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

That's the mount from Outlaw? So far does it seem pretty sturdy? I really wanted the folding mount but have had a hard time getting my hands on one so I might just snag on of these.

Yes, the Outlaw mount. It is sturdy but haven't taken it off-road. Ask me again after my May Baja trip, LOL. I wanted the LGE folding one too but heard its difficult to fold with the power plugged into it and you have to unplug it to do so.

The dash is plastic and so is the middle tray with the speaker. I noticed that it vibrates some but its the plastic and tray that is moving, not the mount. Wonder if anyone has any insight how to make the tray more sturdy?

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Are you going to be doing another group buy anytime soon?

Not that I know of. This was a unique situation with a guy I know that just signed up with a new wholesaler for his business to sell some things that he can't get from his existing supplier. His business is firearms and he sells them cheaper than anywhere else because its a side business for him but keeps him busy with his full-time day job.

There honestly is not any mark-up with the Trophy, like $65. When you consider shipping it to him and then to you, it only leaves about $40 at MSRP. His place is a 2hr round trip drive from me that I have to make to pick these up. We sold these at only $30 over cost and for the amount of work it takes to do a group buy, the guy doesn't want to really keep doing it, even though it seems I did really all the work, just using his account. I had to talk him into doing this one. I did it to try and help 10 other folks get a unit at a good price which ended up consuming more of my time than I anticipated.

LvRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool I understand, thanks for the quick reply. I have an Elite 5m, I might just add the external antenna too. I just like how this one already had maps loaded to it and came with the antenna.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Cool I understand, thanks for the quick reply. I have an Elite 5m, I might just add the external antenna too. I just like how this one already had maps loaded to it and came with the antenna.

Yeah, I was somewhat surprised on the maps too. It looks like you could also use this as a regular GPS if you didn't have that option in your truck.

I believe the same antenna that works on this, will work on the Elite 5m.
Article Details

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Outlaw mount. It is sturdy but haven't taken it off-road. Ask me again after my May Baja trip, LOL. I wanted the LGE folding one too but heard its difficult to fold with the power plugged into it and you have to unplug it to do so.

I liked the idea of the fold down mount, I didn't realize it was extra effort to get a hold of. Since I've never seen anyone complain about the GPS getting in the way I guess folding isn't necessary.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I liked the idea of the fold down mount, I didn't realize it was extra effort to get a hold of. Since I've never seen anyone complain about the GPS getting in the way I guess folding isn't necessary.

I did the desert heat run last year with the Outlaw and it performed flawlessly. It's cheap and easy. Like my ex. You'll like it. I wanted the fold down too but was worried what would happen on the hard hits.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I did the desert heat run last year with the Outlaw and it performed flawlessly. It's cheap and easy. Like my ex. You'll like it. I wanted the fold down too but was worried what would happen on the hard hits.

Does it seem to vibrate some when off-road due to be mounted in plastic?

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does it seem to vibrate some when off-road due to be mounted in plastic?

Nope it was solid. And I hit some G outs that I DEFINATELY shouldn't have taken at that particular speed with me suspension set up. Never rattled. Never lost power. No loose cables. Shit was like a rock. My only regret was that I went with the 5 inch instead of the bigger one.