Lower Control Arm size and torque.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R@pt0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the lower control arm bolt? I also read that the torque spec is 400ft/lb and if you don't get it tight enough it will clunk.

I took a shot at doing the mid perch adjustment yesterday, but bailed and put it back together when I realized I couldn't do it without removing the lower bolt. I though I could pull the coilover out of the top mount and forward to get the spring compressed and off. I couldn't. Then I talked to my neighbor yesterday and he said he did a leveling block on his non-Raptor F150 with just a cresent wrench on the lower bolt. (My cresent he borrowed wrench no less) .

So I'm thinking I'll try again today to save face!

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Nevermind. Karma, I have the 27mm and 30mm sockets. I'm doing it.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the lower control arm bolt? I also read that the torque spec is 400ft/lb and if you don't get it tight enough it will clunk.

I took a shot at doing the mid perch adjustment yesterday, but bailed and put it back together when I realized I couldn't do it without removing the lower bolt. I though I could pull the coilover out of the top mount and forward to get the spring compressed and off. I couldn't. Then I talked to my neighbor yesterday and he said he did a leveling block on his non-Raptor F150 with just a cresent wrench on the lower bolt. (My cresent he borrowed wrench no less) .

So I'm thinking I'll try again today to save face!

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Nevermind. Karma, I have the 27mm and 30mm sockets. I'm doing it.

I believe from the factory the lower arm TS is at 260ft/lb front bolt / 350ft/lb rear bolt and the lower shock bolt is just over 400ft/lb (406ft/lb??).....there may be reason for it to be different but that is OE call outs if I remember correctly off the top of my head.

Edit - Here is the Torque Spec Thread link here on FRF

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/torque-specs-11451/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
OP
OP
R@pt0r

R@pt0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, looks like 406ft/lbs. I have a three foot 1/2'' drive breaker bar that should work.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
FYI it's 27mm and 29mm. Not 30.

I pull mine quite a bit. Just run em back on with the impact as right as they will go. I paint mark across the nut and threads. They never back off.

*disclaimer. Opinion. If your stuff falls apart. Not my fault.

OP
OP
R@pt0r

R@pt0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done. The bottom bolt wasn't as bad as I thought, but I did hurt my back and foot getting the passenger side bolt loose. The adjustment raised the front about 1" or so. A few things I noticed. First, When putting the struts back together get the alignment between the top mount and the bottom mount correct before loosening the spring compressors. You can't do it afterwards. Also make a note of the alignment plate orientation. Last, I noticed that the "fox racing" stickers were upside down on the passenger side. Probably bacause the shocks are not left/right specific so one has to be inverted. Of course I fixed it.