Lower Bumper Lighting Solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone considering installing a light bar and/or other lighting solution within the lower bumper area? Any idea if previous light kits/solutions will still work?

E95F51CE-D712-401D-ABBA-668B529314F3.jpeg

78D9E37C-4F59-4E5D-B7DA-1A00BC5BB58F.jpeg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're jumping the gun on this a bit. It will take a bit more time before any of the vendors get their hands on a Gen 3 to see what does or does not fit for existing products. I would be that the wiring is fine and the light will fit in the location, but the bracket may not line up properly. That said, if you already have a Gen 3, it might be worth talking to a vendor here as maybe they would be happy to let you be the guinea pig and test it out for them.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone considering installing a light bar and/or other lighting solution within the lower bumper area? Any idea if previous light kits/solutions will still work?

View attachment 318653

View attachment 318652

That's us! And we HAVE a 2021 now on hand. We have already begun making adaptions to this new gen.

We just posted 3 new version of rear light kits to our site. For SRL, Baja S2 and Rigid Radiance/Scene. The change is in the optional tail light adapter. We have those modifications and have started production of those new adapters already. In the mean time, we can fill orders as quickly as possible with those, but we will need to assemble the adapters here in house until our big manufactured order comes in.

You can start watching for those items to pop up here-

As for the lower light bar kit. We will have a solution REALLY soon. Here is what I can say. There will be a 10" Rigid and Baja option released by us very soon. And probably the 12" Diode Dynamics as well. We are going to verify those brackets in the screen shot you put in here, though I assume they are going to be slightly off. The replacements though will look very similar but may just be slightly larger or smaller.

Looking behind the upper grille, the 30" Baja light bar won't fit with the active shutters the way they redesigned it. However, I do think we can get the 20" Rigid SRL up there because it is slimmer and slightly curved. We will also look at other light bar options.

A-Pillars. Our brackets will work, but with the location of the antenna now that was moved from the fender to the cowl, it is tight and would require a stubby antenna. So we will be producing a new one of those for a clean fit.

So we will be working on all these things and then replacement fog option vigorously over the next 2 weeks. From there, what needs bracket changes may be between 4, 6 or 8 weeks before they are all designed, produced and in hand to ship, but again, the items that we can cross over such as the rear kits with the exception of the new tail light adapter (which we can assemble in small quantities) are released now. Once we tackle those main items I mentioned above, I will work on a new no drill bumper mount for 40" light bars again.

John SPVparts.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 318653

View attachment 318652

We actually already have a 10" Lower Grill Kit available for sale. It fits the Gen2 and Gen3 Raptors. The included KR Off-Road brackets are made right here in the USA, feature a lifetime warranty and are made out of stainless steel AND powder coated:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-lower-grill-light-bar-kit-for-2017-2020-ford-f-150-raptor/

_nc_ohc-7binqimh-ouax_sp_f0-_nc_ht-scontent-lga3-1-jpg.328485

_nc_ohc-rcrz7zxzn7eax-cc7y9-_nc_ht-scontent-lga3-1-jpg.328486

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You're jumping the gun on this a bit. It will take a bit more time before any of the vendors get their hands on a Gen 3 to see what does or does not fit for existing products. I would be that the wiring is fine and the light will fit in the location, but the bracket may not line up properly. That said, if you already have a Gen 3, it might be worth talking to a vendor here as maybe they would be happy to let you be the guinea pig and test it out for them.
Our 21 Lower mounts are in production and should start shipping in 1-2 weeks.
As should our A-Pillars and Replacement OEM Swap Fog Kits. Our triple fog kits will ship a week or two after that most likely, and then we will have our behind the upper grille kits and 40" curved bumper mounts following after that.

As far as fit on the lower brackets, we do very precise fitment and measurements to be sure everything lines up and fits correctly.
As you can see in the Cad photo below, with the Green being the Gen 2 bracket, and the Blue being the Gen 3 bracket. The Gen 3 is more narrow, and the slots are also more narrow offsets.

So if you want to force one of our Gen 2 brackets to work in a Gen 3, you can force it, but you will either be bending the bracket or the bumper sheet metal when you try to force crank it down. In doing so, you could scrape the paint on the metal bumper, in turn promoting rust.

I myself would much rather not have to develop a new bracket. Especially when they are so so similar, but I also would rather have something that fits correctly and perfectly. So that's what you will get.
I have also had the question come up about the ONY6. Will it fit in the new one?
It really depends on what you mean by fit.

So far, the only TRUE cross over mounting has been REAR light brackets because the rear bumper is virtually identical.

I have had several people ask if their old ONY6 will fit. The Ony6 is about 5" deep. From the backside of the plastic grille, to the edge of the active shutters in the new Gen, there is about 4 maybe 4 and 1/2 inches of room.

So you can do a few things to make it fit. All of which you may or may not want to. I probably wouldn't.
You can remove the shutters. (I wouldn't recommend it). You can leave the grille off. (I also wouldn't do that, it would look unfinished). You can cut a rectangular hole through the grille for it to fit through. (I wouldn't do that, unless we maybe design a plastic snap on frame that you can install around that hole so it looks stock. We are looking into that). Or, you can trim off a bunch of material off the backside and make the honeycomb "Thinner".

I personally wouldn't do that, and I will tell you why.
To install the brackets, (this goes for any lower mounts by anyone. Including the Baja Designs original ones from the Gen 2's) you must cut off the 4 tabs that slid in those center slots and clip into the bumper.
Doing that doesn't hurt anything because they still snap in on the outer sides well with the other clips and the grille material is thick and sturdy. However, when you thin out that material in the center so the bar can go up much further to not hit the shutters. You make the plastic grille flimsy. Then, with high speeds on the highway, it could potentially vibrate and flop around and wear paint off the bumper as it flaps around in the center. Cutting a precise rectangular hole and installing a sturdy plastic reinforced frame would strenghten that back up which would be a better option IMHO.
As far as other light bars. The ONY6 was the only one that was 5" deep.
Like I said. We may end up producing a snap on modified frame for a hole, or maybe just a replacement grille panel altogether.

One other thing to note from the cad compare here is that we extended the length of the mount arms so they will accommodate the Diode Dynamics 12" bars now.

Hope this helps.

John

lower bumper bracket.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure about your bracket there John... but the KR Off-Road bracket we've been making for the last year works perfectly on the Gen2 and the Gen3 Raptors. In fact, the photo I published is of a local customers truck where we put a 10" LASER bar in. He's got a laser on his Gen2 and wanted one on his Gen3 as well. No fitment issues at all running our setup

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our New Gen 3 Precision fit lower grille mounts just came in! So those will start shipping out now...