Low to mid perch on Gieser springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJanke

Reaction score
@LekRap Cool deal. Ive heard that you can pull the control arm forward a little bit to help with clearance? Ive noticed that my passenger side rubs slightly more than the driver side. I wonder if just doing that and trimming the flair if that will give me enough clearance.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LekRap Cool deal. Ive heard that you can pull the control arm forward a little bit to help with clearance? Ive noticed that my passenger side rubs slightly more than the driver side. I wonder if just doing that and trimming the flair if that will give me enough clearance.

When I first put the 37's on, I had the fender flare already trimmed and my control arms look to be aligned as forward as possible...and they still rubbed at full lock (making a u-turn or sharp turn). I contacted Jeff at SVC and he said that I needed the "37 mod" that they do. Went in and the hammered the pinch welds front and rear. I think they said that the rear aren't really necessary but might as well do them, especially because they did it all so clean that it looks stock. That honestly made all the difference in the world. I would very highly recommend it. I would probably recommend it even to guys with 35's if the offroad hard. when you pull the fender liner and look at the pinch welds, they protrude out and look like they would be kinda sharp and poke the tire if it gets jammed into it. Making that area smooth just seems like a good idea regardless of clearance.

If you want to try trimming the fender and moving the control arm before, I say go for it. I think those are both good things to do anyway with 37's. I think trimming the flare is a must as well as the pinch welds.

Last edited:

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What he said ^^^ hammered pinch welds, flares trimmed and liners trimmed all go hand in hand when it comes to fitting 37s. The fronts are required unless you like shredded tires and destroyed fenders/liners/flares etc. The rears, not so much but you might as well just to match.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@beemerman Looks awesome! Did you get those powdercoated? I almost did that too mine but was too impatient and just threw them on. Looks killer. Looking forward to seeing the side shots! How do they ride at mid compared to top perch?

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@beemerman Looks awesome! Did you get those powdercoated? I almost did that too mine but was too impatient and just threw them on. Looks killer. Looking forward to seeing the side shots! How do they ride at mid compared to top perch?

Yea had them powder coated. Tried to get close to the SVT blue. A little darker but it's ok. Just have to torque a few bolts tomorrow. Haven't driven it yet. Just in the shop and out. Will get some side shots tomorrow.

Noticed these springs have 11 coils and stock has 8 coils.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the blue powder coat on these. Before I put mine in, I thought about the color, but liked the silver over stock black color. Didnt even consider blue. Nice touch!

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Repost from Garage Sale - but on point for this thread - Thanks to the boys over at SVC who put my springs on yesterday, as usual great job, quick and easy in and out - lucky to have these guys right up the street!

I had the springs powder coated black before I put them on so they would blend in like stock springs. Will get Alignment Monday - but to be honest truck is running very true and straight after swap.

I was bottom perch stock and stayed on bottom perch with the new springs. Initial driving impression is they are plush feeling - as expected a little softer feel on initial bite, everything seems a bit smoother.

UPDATE - I now have driven about 2.000 miles and all I can say is THIS IS A GREAT UPGRADE! The ride is improved and overall look is better - one of the best mods for the $ I have done to date!

Picked the nose up about 1" on my truck. I have Deaver +2" rear springs - however mine were custom one offs, to handle 600 lbs of tongue weight for our boat, so a little different than the off the shelf version.

Here are some measurement before and after

Front (flair to ground - Flair to bottom of wheel)
Passenger
Before 40" - 32"
After 41.125" - 33.125"

Driver
Before 40.5" - 32.5"
After 41.375 - 33.375

Rear - remained basically unchanged
Passenger
43" - 35.25"
42.5" - 34.75"

So I am still about 2" "@$$" high overall.

Will post some before photos tonight - after are included below. Also included are my alignment spec sheet. Before is after the springs were installed by SVC and Actual reflects the setting completed by the Ford Dealer a few days later and where the truck is now.

Overall very happy with the change. Much better change ride wise then keeping stock springs and going mid or top perch - but certainly not as economic!

1-26-16 Alignment Specs.jpg

After New Springs - Black.jpg

After Springs Clean 4.jpg

After Springs Clean 3.jpg

After Springs Clean 2.jpg

After Springs Clean.jpg

Before Spring - Deaver +2's in rear - Pass.jpg

After Springs 3.jpg

Before Springs - Front End.jpg

After Springs Front End 1.jpg

Last edited: