Low to mid perch on Gieser springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in on the group buy o the Gieser progressive front coils. Initially I went bottom perch and loved the ride around town, BUT. I had a lean to the drivers side. After reading one post on the initial 1-2 inches of travel being different from sprig to spring, I decided to swap the springs from one side to the other. So I said to myself, SELF, while your at it why not run them mid perch? So off to Autizone I went and rented spring compressors again and did the mid perch adjustment.

Just finished and took it out for a ride on the street. Initial impressions are the super cushhy ride isnt as nice as before with the increased preload. :baby: Front end sits up considerably higher (42,1/2" to the fender lip on stock BFG's). It now has the "Cali lean" with stock rear leafs but its not obnoxious. Still doesn't pogo like the stock springs, and the brake dive is significantly reduced too. Im itching to get it off road and really test these springs.

As for the drivers side lean, its still there, but much less pronounced. :flipthebird: dont know if it is the side to side swap or the extra preload of mid perch, but I can live with it for now. Looks like a set of Deavers or WSI rear leafs are in my future.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn take any before pics, but I can post an after pic tomorrow.

I've had the Gieser Bros springs on for over a year...at bottom perch. I've definitely enjoyed the ride and love that I have about mid perch height and closer to bottom perch comfort. I have been tempted at times to go to mid perch on these, so I'm definitely following your impressions!

About the drivers side lean...that seems to be a VERY common thing with our trucks. I've heard different theories about why. Some people say it's because of the gas tank is on that side. When I got my Deavers, I went direct to Deaver since I'm close to their shop. They adjusted to compensate for the drivers side lean. I feel like after about a year, when I look, I can see a lean again. I think that's just gonna always be there. I wouldn't worry or try to hard to fix that. I think adjusting the rear springs would be more productive on that front anyway.

I would love to hear your impressions after some off-roading and more time with the springs at mid.

TheJanke

Reaction score
Yup that's about the same for me accept I started on mid perch. Rides not as Cushy as I would like and it sits nose high. Not sure about moving to bottom cuz I'm afraid my 37s will rub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that's about the same for me accept I started on mid perch. Rides not as Cushy as I would like and it sits nose high. Not sure about moving to bottom cuz I'm afraid my 37s will rub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What 37's do you have? I have 37" KO2's and don't rub at bottom with the Gieser Bros. I did however hammer the pinch welds and trimmed the flare. I thought I would have to go to mid, but thought I'd throw on the tires and see, and they've been good once the pinch welds were done.

TheJanke

Reaction score
What 37's do you have? I have 37" KO2's and don't rub at bottom with the Gieser Bros. I did however hammer the pinch welds and trimmed the flare. I thought I would have to go to mid, but thought I'd throw on the tires and see, and they've been good once the pinch welds were done.

I have the KO2's as well but my fenders arent modded. When I had the truck on mid perch with stock springs the tires would run into the fender liners all the time offroad.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the KO2's as well but my fenders arent modded. When I had the truck on mid perch with stock springs the tires would run into the fender liners all the time offroad.

Yeah, I think if your not going to do the pinch welds or don't want to trim the flares, I would keep it at mid on the Gieser Bros. If you do the mods, then I think you'd be good on bottom. I would love to see some pics of your truck too, if you don't mind posting some...