Low to mid perch on Gieser springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TheJanke...I agree with Ruby, the truck looks awesome! Really nice looking truck man! I do really like the comfort of bottom perch with these springs...and I have my rear end down, so I think i have a similar stance to yours, just and inch or two lower overall. Thanks for the pic. Looks great!

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LekRap Believe it or not I'm only 3/4 high in the front. Looks like more just eyeballing it. It's starting to grow on me. I love your bumper btw! @2014RubyRed Thanks dude!

So you are sitting 3/4" higher in the front than the rear? Or are you only 3/4" higher on mid perch than bottom on these springs? I've heard that going mid perch on these don't give up much more lift than bottom...is that true?

Thanks for the compliment on the bumper! I'm very happy with it. It's from Mazzulla Offroad. I love the "Cali-lean" look. I think I'm pretty much dead level front to rear...maybe like 1/4" higher in front of that.

TheJanke

Reaction score
@LekRap I'm 3/4 higher in the front than the rear. I can't confirm how much lift you gain because I've never had these springs on bottom perch only mid. I want the cushy ride so I'll be going bottom just as soon as I get time. Which should put me right about where you are 1/4 high in the front and give me that subtle Cali lean I'm after. Can you do me a favor and measure your fend to tire or fender to concrete for me? We should be able to figure what kinda lift you get outta going from bottom to mid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
So you are sitting 3/4" higher in the front than the rear? Or are you only 3/4" higher on mid perch than bottom on these springs? I've heard that going mid perch on these don't give up much more lift than bottom...is that true?

Thanks for the compliment on the bumper! I'm very happy with it. It's from Mazzulla Offroad. I love the "Cali-lean" look. I think I'm pretty much dead level front to rear...maybe like 1/4" higher in front of that.

I was a little high in the front but now it's settled and I appear to be slightly higher in the back. An additional tire and chase rack should level me out.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TheJanke...good idea! I just measured mine from the concrete to the fender and I am at 42 3/4"...maybe 42 7/8" in front and (because I have lowering shackle on) the rear is sitting at 42 3/4". I am basically DEAD level! I have to say though, as Ive seen it driving, it has a slight nose high look. I think thats do to the rear squatting a little when you get on it. I also think my open style front bumper makes your eye think the front is higher.

These measurements were on level concrete (in my garage) and with 45 psi in my 37" KO2's. What numbers do you get Janke?

Also, Janke...I played with heights a lot (especially the rear) to try to find that "perfect stance". From my experience, when the front was more than say 1/4-1/2" higher or more than the rear...it felt like it threw the balance of weight off and seemed like the rear took on more weight than it wanted and the ride always suffered. It didn't seem to matter what I did and what configuration I did....if the front was higher than the rear....it automatically started riding rougher. Just something Ive noticed and thought I'd share.

Thanks @Trick_Raptor, I appreciate the feedback. I did notice a little settling in the height of the front also, probably only around 1/4" or so for bottom perch. I do really love the look of these trucks level or slightly nose high! I agree, some more weight in the bed will level it out real quick!

TheJanke

Reaction score
Okay @LekRap so I took the tape measure to mine and got 44 1/8 " in the front and 43 1/4" in the rear. Which makes sense since you gain an inch with the springs then you preload them up another inch with mid perch.
I would agree with you that pointing the nose to the sky does shift weight to the rear and the ride does suffer. I did the rear springs first and I actually loved the ride on stock mid perch front springs. So I guess I'll be tackling the front Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TheJanke I think you'll be VERY happy with the ride when you put these springs on bottom perch. They definitely are a better ride at bottom perch than the stock springs at mid...and right about the same height. I do think a lot of your uncomfortable ride is caused my the rear being lower than the front. Doing the front to bottom with these, you should be only 1/4-1/2" lower in the front than the rear. I think eyeball, it'll look level. If you don't mind, post a pic so we can compare before and after on looks. But on comfort...I think it's gonna be night and day for you!

TheJanke

Reaction score
384cb9335359172c165615b12aaf2d96.jpg932b382dc9ab47626f73e31e3d595b4f.jpg1b858c79d8a4f73d1c5242f7d3eba0f3.jpg

I'm getting really good at pulling these things and reinstalling them. Think I did it in an hour and a half
The ride is great but I'm going to have to mod my fenders. I'm sitting 43 1/4"on all 4 corners.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting really good at pulling these things and reinstalling them. Think I did it in an hour and a half
The ride is great but I'm going to have to mod my fenders. I'm sitting 43 1/4"

Glad to hear the ride feel good for you! Yeah, your gonna want to hammer the pinch welds in the front at least. Let me know if you need help figuring out how to do that (a search on here should give you good results if you search hammer pinch welds). And you'll want to trim the back portion of the front wheels fender flare a little bit. That's all I have done and have extremely minimal rubbing. I have rubbed only very slightly twice in probably 3 months since doing that. Let me know if o can help you out at all. I'll throw a pic up here of how I trimmed the flare and let me know if I can hunt down some articles on here about hammering the pinch welds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 148