Lost all electrical power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 - original battery. Has not been started for over two weeks. I’m sure it’s the battery but should I check anything first ?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would clean the terminals first and give it a boost, then change the battery if it fails after that. You're probably right on the edge of needing a battery anyway though.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Measure the voltage at the terminals.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2017 - original battery. Has not been started for over two weeks. I’m sure it’s the battery but should I check anything first ?
2 weeks isnt that long so you shouldnt have any issues, but your battery will have less reserve power when you charge it up again. lead acid and some agm batteries have memory loss and dont charge to full once drained completely. the more it happens the weaker the battery gets, the less time your vehicle can stay parked without charging or driving it.

maj

Reaction score
Had a similar situation with my 2017 and needlessly replaced it only to find out the battery management system needed resetting, this has to be done every battery replacement, it's a program that adapts as the parameters change with battery age ect, charge rate and voltage went out of wack on mine when it went dead or worse boosted. Reset its little brain first haha . Listed under (BMS) how did it go dead ? Bms system didn't keep it charged correctly and there are systems in the truck that are using power when it's off

OP
OP
Pikser

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used my battery charger for two days was able to start it today. New battery from Auto Zone.
All is good now !