Looking to upgrade the stock system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey im looking to upgrade the stock system. I listen to everything but rap and hip hop. Mostly rock and country and techno on the way to the gym. I was thinking a custom box one 10' that could really bump and an amp for now. I'd like to eventually change the deck- speakers and amp the speakers but for now just add a box sub and amp. I have the stock system not the upgraded sony one. Any suggestions? I ran a W2 in my old f150 and loved it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn.... w2's? those havent been in production for ever... and a half....

give me some details about your truck. depending on your truck, you can fit a 12" possibly a 13.5" you need to match the woofer with the amp, so until we know which woofer you want to go with, i cant really make an amp suggestion yet.

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 scab lol yeh I bought my old 02 f150 back in 2005 and put the w2 in it. Sold everything with the truck and I miss that sub. I do want the sub and amp somewhat hidden because I don't want it to get destroyed when people sit in the back.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
these are 2 pioneer shallow mount 12's in the scab. it goes all the way back and sits flush with the seats and bolts on factory holes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 59

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dumbphone....1 pic at a time. the only downfall with the scabs, is that you lose the ability to fold the seat up once a box like this goes in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 50

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the lowest profile sub they make? Love to hide some in the doors or somewhere. Generally a beastly engine roar is my preference to any music, however if a couple subs could be hidden to take up 0 extra space I'd be interested.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are 4" woofers available, but its probably not the way you would want to go. there is also the choice of replacing the oem woofer with a new box and woofer. this too, however loses the ability to fold the 1/3 seat up.

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's a nice sub box. Where's the amp in this setup? Also how easy is it to wire the amp to the stock deck?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was the truck where the customer flew me out to texas to do his install. we did 2pioneer shallow mount woofers as you can see, focal sound deadening, jl audio c3570 front and rear, jl audio xd400/4, 600/1, and cleansweep and summing device. the 2 amps, cleansweep and summing device are where the oem woofer used to be. if you are just wanting to add the sub for now, you need to use a hi/lo converter. you can tap into the oem woofer wires, but its betterto get the front or rear speakers for the signal

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

i can also build a box the has a single 12 with an amp mounting location that will fit the sam spot