Looking to sell a '17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJC

Reaction score
I own a '17 screw with 23K miles, all options except the glass roof, decals and carbon inside. Silver Ingot color, Ford longterm care (8 yrs/100,000 miles), linex added to the rear wells.
Looking to sell and went to local dealer and was told to expect upper $40's.
Thought the resale would be a good deal higher. Can anyone point me to better selling options?
Thx in advance

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was ballparked $45K yesterday for my SCAB (Avalanche). 22K miles. All options except decals, carbon and beadlocks. I thought low but that KBB says $48K. I was looking at getting into a 2019 SCREW, but at $25K + my trade that didn't feel right to me. Selling the '19 at $1,500 off of MSRP which also seems high for NY.

I think I'll wait a bit longer...

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did this with my 17 screw.
19k miles. 802 , sun roof, bead locks

55k trade in value. I got the 19 for 66.8k with a sticker of 74.5k

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did this with my 17 screw.
19k miles. 802 , sun roof, bead locks

55k trade in value. I got the 19 for 66.8k with a sticker of 74.5k

Well that's pretty great. May I ask what dealer? Really cost you about $12K to upgrade. That seems like a good trade. I would expect my upgrade to be $16K or so given the bump to a screw. Did you order or was it stock?

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's pretty great. May I ask what dealer? Really cost you about $12K to upgrade. That seems like a good trade. I would expect my upgrade to be $16K or so given the bump to a screw. Did you order or was it stock?

Landers McCarty fort Payne AL

One caveat is that it was a “demo” that the owner of the dealerships drove around for 3k miles. Truck was in perfect condition and the mileage didn’t bother me as I won’t be driving the truck extensively until later in the fall.

You are correct. The difference was negligible and gaining the recaros with the new suspension was worth it

They have other raptors at significant discounts.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
new seats and shocks for $12K plus tax???

No thanks... I'll wait until they actually upgrade the Raptor

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good. You can pay the upcharge when they come out with those in a few years

Will gladly pay an upcharge when its actually WORTH it!

You should trade in your 2019 next month when the 2020 comes out.

OCMDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a '17 screw with 23K miles, all options except the glass roof, decals and carbon inside. Silver Ingot color, Ford longterm care (8 yrs/100,000 miles), linex added to the rear wells.
Looking to sell and went to local dealer and was told to expect upper $40's.
Thought the resale would be a good deal higher. Can anyone point me to better selling options?
Thx in advance

I was told similar, but, if your trading you have to negotiate. Traded a 2017 with 52K miles and got 52K (original msrp 65k) for the trade. New Raptor was MSRP 73,339 reduced to 70,000... threw in lifetime drive train, lifetime oil and tire rotations. I am getting the balance of the Ford ESP 8 year/100K mile extended warranty refunded ($800)... I'm sure there's better deals out there, but I was looking at new tires in the fall, brakes showing wear, 3 holes in the seats, and since the sunroof leaked had a funky musty smell when it got hot out... oh, and it waqs in the shop to have both tubos replaced, they both went at the same time.

Go work them over when you are ready, walk away if it starts to get emotional!