What to do with 2013 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTTruck

Reaction score
New member here and joined to get some advice on what to do with my 2013 Raptor. It has been an awesome truck but I have something new on order and time to part ways. This is my dilemma - it’s a blue supercrew with 65,000 miles. Only upgrade was a Linex bed liner. It’s immaculate on the inside but being a northeast car it has rust in the wheel wells and undercarriage and a hole at right back corner of cab. The finish/paint on running boards is peeling off and there is light hail damage on roof. Hail damage is hardly noticeable so that is likely not a concern for a potential buyer. Here is the dilemma. Do I sell it as is or do the repairs and then sell, expecting to recapture the cost of repairs? Obviously the rust at cab corner is an expensive repair. It’s a great truck but these cosmetic issues have a potential huge affect on sale price. Thoughts?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Sell it as is or do very minor stuff to it. Maybe get the running boards linex’d, maybe polish the paint and leave the rust. Trying to fix everything will cost more than you can recoup, somebody can put fibreglass fenders on the back, etc.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Sell it as is or do very minor stuff to it. Maybe get the running boards linex’d, maybe polish the paint and leave the rust. Trying to fix everything will cost more than you can recoup, somebody can put fibreglass fenders on the back, etc.

I second this completely. Spend only if you can Get your money back, and sell it.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a $48k - $50k truck in this market. If it were me, do the easy stuff for sure, and get quote for rust repair. Knowing the sell value of it, that will help you decide what to do.