looking to buy 15-20 raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally, he said it

Turn these people into Ford!! They just make it harder for us to buy them.

why should we help a guy on this forum with 3 posts that wants alot of raptors.they are so hard to get, long waits for the folks that are using them where they were intended to be used.it takes forever to order one, demand exceeds production. when i was calling dealers to order a lot of them told me that customers had standing orders for 14 or 15 and were having one order pulled a month. funny thing is they all said they want them as prerunners for baja. i am calling bs on that. this smacks of trolling to me anyway. us service guys overseas yes , small time brokers hell no.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
It's not this dudes fault. He's just trying to make a buck. I blame the greedy ass dealers. They know damn well someone like this is exporting them. We figured it out with his first post.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After reading Ford's "Memo" I read it as you need to police everyone buying a vehicle and their intentions. We don't want anybody but us making money on the cars.

I think if things got hairy and someone wanted to sue...it would be an interesting case. I am not sure Ford would prevail. Although, there fleet of lawyers would burry anyone in paperwork so it is a moot point.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading Ford's "Memo" I read it as you need to police everyone buying a vehicle and their intentions. We don't want anybody but us making money on the cars.

I think if things got hairy and someone wanted to sue...it would be an interesting case. I am not sure Ford would prevail. Although, there fleet of lawyers would burry anyone in paperwork so it is a moot point.

That's exactly it. As much as I hate the idea of some joker making a quick buck by taking allocation away from people who want to buy and actually drive them in the states, this memo basically outlines the fact that Ford is getting away with Price Fixing. I'm sure their lobbyists have gotten all the laws put into effect so that it's technically legal, but that's what it is. This type of practice would be illegal in any other (read smaller, with less $$ and less lobbyists) industry.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Ford is protecting their dealers in China and Dubai. The dealers are probably pissed they can't get their hands on Raptors like these exporters can. I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm sure when you sign on with Ford the contract dealers sign has a clause or two referencing this.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look at it this way, people who are exporting vehicles for profit have not put anything into designing or building the vehicles, yet they would be making more profit off each raptor than ford or the dealerships do, why should ford allow this? It's the same as stealing someone's product to make one of your own and sell it under the original product to steal their profits, guys like this don't deserve to make 40-60k in profit off a truck that the manufacturer and dealers are only making 10-20k per truck

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can sell my allocation for $20k..... then i will just order another one...... with a bigger down paymet

Status
Not open for further replies.