Looking for an MSRP dealer with allocation in Eastern US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott_in_FL

Reaction score
Okay, that's it, I'm tired of waiting on a TRX order and the absolute lack of any ability to know when/if an order will get picked up. It's time to find a good dealer somewhere in the eastern US to place a Gen III Raptor order. I know orders are also backed up with Raptors, but I might as well start the process.

Truth be told, although I love the thought of the Hellcat V8 and the interior of the TRX, I've always wanted a Raptor first and foremost anyway because they are just so badass looking. The TRX looks good, but the Raptor looks quite a bit better to my eyes. Plus, I'm a long time Ford fan and owner and prefer the brand. I had been originally turned off by the V6 only option, had considered waiting for the Raptor R, but now it seems that may never happen (and apparently the new exhaust sounds pretty decent).

I'm in South Florida and dealers by me all suck. Really bad. I've traveled for vehicles for the last 10 years or so, and am not afraid of a little road trip.

I'm hoping the initial rush has died down for Gen 3 Raptor orders. So if anyone has a dealer with allocation to place an order at MSRP, please DM so that I can give them a shout.

Have always loved silver Raptors, really wish they came out with Carbonized Gray, but now I'm thinking Antimatter Blue. So it's really Silver vs. Antimatter Blue I suppose. Decisions, decisions....

Thanks in advance.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are frustrated with Ram's ability to deliver your TRX, lower your expectations for Ford's delivery. Still people who ordered 21's at initial pre-order in June that have yet to take delivery, even with an allocation. Just temper your expectations, especially with the finding a deal at MSRP if you want a truck with 37's.

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Reaction score
Yeah, this may just be the new reality for all of us, regardless of brand. If it's a desirable model, expect that you'll need to order it 6 mos. in advance. I don't mind the wait, but I want to know that the wait has an end point and that I'll have a truck at that end point. Hell, I just placed an order for a Rivian R1S for the wife and they said 2 years. I'm fine with that, assuming that I'll actually have a truck in 2 years.

The current process used for the TRX is that you submit an order and then just hope and pray. There is no rhyme or reason for when orders get picked up, there are no allocations, etc. You may get a truck or.... you may not.

To hear the same thing over here with Raptors is just frustrating. Ram and Ford need to figure out a better system for taking orders and managing expectations.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Ram and Ford will figure it out as soon as the demand does not exceed what they can put out. Right now, there is no shortage of customers. When you have people on the hook without a VIN for 6 months, there is no real rush to improve the customer experience. Now, if everyone cancelled their orders and bought a Chevy, Ford may rethink what they are doing. That is a big "May" too.

Zev

Reaction score
Okay, that's it, I'm tired of waiting on a TRX order and the absolute lack of any ability to know when/if an order will get picked up. It's time to find a good dealer somewhere in the eastern US to place a Gen III Raptor order. I know orders are also backed up with Raptors, but I might as well start the process.

Truth be told, although I love the thought of the Hellcat V8 and the interior of the TRX, I've always wanted a Raptor first and foremost anyway because they are just so badass looking. The TRX looks good, but the Raptor looks quite a bit better to my eyes. Plus, I'm a long time Ford fan and owner and prefer the brand. I had been originally turned off by the V6 only option, had considered waiting for the Raptor R, but now it seems that may never happen (and apparently the new exhaust sounds pretty decent).

I'm in South Florida and dealers by me all suck. Really bad. I've traveled for vehicles for the last 10 years or so, and am not afraid of a little road trip.

I'm hoping the initial rush has died down for Gen 3 Raptor orders. So if anyone has a dealer with allocation to place an order at MSRP, please DM so that I can give them a shout.

Have always loved silver Raptors, really wish they came out with Carbonized Gray, but now I'm thinking Antimatter Blue. So it's really Silver vs. Antimatter Blue I suppose. Decisions, decisions....

Thanks in advance.
Have you checked out Elder Ford in Tampa?

Ryed

Reaction score
Pretty far north from Florida, but I was able to order a 22 from G Stone Motors in Middlebury, VT. Salesman was Jason Kerr. I ordered on 10/10, not sure what he currently has for allocations. Worth a call: (888) 398-0785. I also have a local friend that has a small shipping business if you didn't want to fly and drive.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I checked every dealership in Florida with no luck. $5,000 over was the best I could find. That was the same dealership that was happy to sell me my Gen 2 at MSRP.

ShawnJ

Reaction score
I haven’t found any dealerships worth anything in the panhandle. The search continues but I’m getting more and more sold on the idea of keeping my 2nd Gen for a long time haha