Looking at Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

WileyM

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the input sir! Yes it seems like the prices are 5-6k higher now than they were a few months ago. I’m really leaning towards the 13-14 now, I have 3 I think I’m going to go look at Monday. One is a 14 with 39,000 miles, 2 owner southern truck. The only bad thing is they want $47,000 for it. If it’s in really good shape, I don’t know if I can walk away from it lol. We shall see!

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When a jenny fully loaded sells for nearly $80k it makes me think my fully loaded jennifer is worth at least $47k if not more since it is better in so many ways. Now before you tell me I'm full of it, I'll ask one question about one of the way it's better. On a gen2 can you lock the rear diff when it's in 2 hi?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WileyM

Reaction score
I did a search within 100 miles
Of where I’m headed to look at those Gen1’s, just for fun lol. There’s a 2018 with 52,000 miles that’s fully loaded for $54,000. I agree, for a price in the mid to high 40’s, am I crazy to look at a Gen 1 that’s 4-6 years older?

D

Deleted member 17706

I love a gen 1 but 47k seems crazy for a stock truck! That truck was probably only 55k new lol

I agree. I came across a couple of low mileage Gen 1s this summer. I was tempted to snag one, but they were both $55-60k and I could not get over paying that kind of money for a 6-7 year old truck.

LOL if I would have bought a Gen 1 to drive for each day of the week back in 2014 and kept the mileage under 30k miles on them then I could have sold each of them this year and made nearly all my money back.

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the input sir! Yes it seems like the prices are 5-6k higher now than they were a few months ago. I’m really leaning towards the 13-14 now, I have 3 I think I’m going to go look at Monday. One is a 14 with 39,000 miles, 2 owner southern truck. The only bad thing is they want $47,000 for it. If it’s in really good shape, I don’t know if I can walk away from it lol. We shall see!

I did a search within 100 miles
Of where I’m headed to look at those Gen1’s, just for fun lol. There’s a 2018 with 52,000 miles that’s fully loaded for $54,000. I agree, for a price in the mid to high 40’s, am I crazy to look at a Gen 1 that’s 4-6 years older?

You’re definitely correct on the price increase. I could probably put my Gen 1 up right now and make $5,000 on it. With everything going on, prices are insanely inflated. Even my F350 I sold before my Raptor is worth $4,000 more now.

Pertaining to the price on the 39K mileage truck, that seems a little bit high. $41,000-$43,000 seems more reasonable based on where the prices and values were a few months ago and where they may drop down to in the coming months if things ever level out. It may be worth it to wait a little while if you can get it for a little less in a few months. Also, I’m not starting the war between Gen 1 vs. Gen 2, but if you can swing those prices and a Gen 2 crosses your mind, then maybe drive both. Although, I think already owning a 6.2 F150 will make you more comfortable in the Gen 1 after you’ve driven both.

Good luck with whatever you get, because either way you’ll never want anything else after!

OP
OP
W

WileyM

Reaction score
Tanner, thanks very much for the input sir. Yes I am excited to drive the two generations back to back, as it’s been several years since I was able to test drive a Gen 1. I’m definitely thinking that if the Gen 1 had the accessories and was silver, like the Gen 2 is, I’d be leaning towards that Gen 1. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around the same monetary investment made in a 2014 vs a 2018. I do love the V8 sound though lol. I’m excited for tomorrow, and I can’t thank everyone enough for their responses. After wanting a Raptor since they first came out, I feel like I’m overthinking the crap out of it lol!

OP
OP
W

WileyM

Reaction score
Thanks McChurch!! That’s awesome you have both! Maybe I’ll get the 14 and talk my wife in to the 18 lol.