Looking at Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

WileyM

Reaction score
Ok great, thanks so much for all your help sir! I’ll update everyone when I get back, hopefully I have a new truck!

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, if it’s got the plastic oil pan, would you definitely pass on the truck?
I may be wrong, but I believe I read somewhere on here that the plastic oil pan stopped production in late February of 2018. So if the build date is later than that, it should not be plastic.

I wouldn’t consider it a deal breaker, but for what these trucks cost new it was a stupid idea for Ford to do it in the first place. Also, for what it’s worth they can be swapped out for the metal pan, but I’ve heard it’s a pain to do. Not the end of the world, just something to keep in mind down the line.

OP
OP
W

WileyM

Reaction score
Tanner, thanks very much sir! Yeah I was curious because my buddy had a 2017 regular F150 that leaked and the Ford place tried to fix it under warranty and could never stop it from leaking completely. They said basically it’s always going to leak. It pissed him off so bad he traded the truck off. It’s always good to hear some other opinions on it!

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember to make sure truck is not started before you get there! Lol best thing to do is to just show up 1st thing when they open and walk with the salesman to the truck! Want to make sure engine is cold on 1st start

OP
OP
W

WileyM

Reaction score
LMAO!!! I love it when that tire shoots out of the back!!! Yeah that’s definitely the worrisome thing about buying a used Raptor lol.