Long Tube Headers and Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the Whipple Tunes and most every NA Raptors everyone is just using the plain spacers like the ones from Auto Zone.

You may have to data log with 5 Star, they may need to adjust.

When you get the Vibrant SS spacers figured out, please post back.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a smog tune from 5* and added the spark plug spacers from auto zone. I was in a hurry to get this done before I left for Christmas so I could get the truck inspected while I was in Pittsburgh. The check engine light still came on. Bank 2 sensor 2 stuck lean. So I never got the inspection done. I now have some time to correct this issue before heading back to Pittsburgh next time.

I now have the Vibrant stainless steel O2 sensor spacers to install. My question is which flow insert did you guys use? They come with three different options for port sizes.

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Hey Yukon,

I just had the same issues with pa emissions. I just purchased the recommended spacers from amazon. Got a new tune with the spacers set to on. I will load them both this week and report back once inspection/emissions is done.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool.
Yeah. My truck has been at the dealer with an electrical issue since getting back from snoball. Also my SCT 3 tuner got messed up and I had to send it back to be reformatted. I just got it back this weekend.

Once I get night Raptor back I plan on trying to get it so the light doesn't come on. I have the stainless steel O2 sensor spacers I plan on using.

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI

Not sure if this will work for everyone. I bought the brand new pair of O2 spacers from Amazon that was recommended in this thread to be able to pass emissions. I installed them drove 3 miles and my mechanic took them off.

I had a new tune sent to me from my tuner with the "cats turned on." I then proceeded to drive about 400-500 miles (don't think this much is necessary). I am happy to say I have passed the emissions test in PA!

My mechanic told me that, due to having QUALITY high flowing cats (ARH) he didn't think I would have a problem once I got the proper tune with "cats on."

I am not saying this is going to work for everyone but it worked for me.

GOOD LUCK

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys im having trouble with the drive cycle... o2, o2 heater and catalyst, im back on stock tune, i got the sw header with the high flow cats, been driving alot like cazy with no luck, i read about the spacers snd they just arrived yesterday, would they help me.out?