GEN 2 Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard some people say is like killing your engine but then some say to do it.

So should I stay with the same oil & filter or is there a better quality oil and filter I should use?
change it at a max of 5,000 miles. After that it doesn't really matter. I have seen multiple engines go over 300,000 miles using nothing but wal-mart oil and fram oil filters. Personally I use Purolator ONE oil filter and Mobil one oil, ( but I get my oil and filters free through my job). Change it often.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A shop told me to change the transmission fluid and differential, should I? Same shop that told me to do an engine flush. @Old-Raptor-guy
Yes, transmission every 30k, differential (front and rear) every 60k (unless the axle(s) go under water then change ASAP (at least check for water intrusion) .
Personally I do mine more often but again my situation is unique since I run a shop.

Last edited: