Livernois Cam vs. Stock Cam Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got full SW exhaust (no cats). The stock cam sound is pretty decent. I've never heard a full exhaust Raptor versus a full exhaust w/cams Raptor. How big of a noticeable difference is there between the two cams? This mod is strictly for sound only, the 30 or so ponies picked up won't make a difference to me because I am going to procharge the truck. I know the Livernois cam isn't too aggressive, & the Raptor cam is more aggressive than the F250 cam so I'm curious how much of a difference there is in sound.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, but it sounds almost identical to my full exhaust truck. I saw those vids, was hoping for a full exhaust before & full exhaust/cam after vid to see if there's any difference.

Andy@Livernois

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, but it sounds almost identical to my full exhaust truck. I saw those vids, was hoping for a full exhaust before & full exhaust/cam after vid to see if there's any difference.

The blue one is the most representative of what it would sound like. However, if your's has anywhere near that amount of lope stock there is something causing it. We have never had a header truck sound anything like that with stock cams.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blue one is the most representative of what it would sound like. However, if your's has anywhere near that amount of lope stock there is something causing it. We have never had a header truck sound anything like that with stock cams.

5 Star Tune, doesn't seem like the tune is bad.

Andy@Livernois

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
5 Star Tune, doesn't seem like the tune is bad.

It may not be, but there might be something else causing it. We have done a ton of Raptor builds and never have I heard one that sounded even remotely like it had cams, unless of course, it did ;)

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whyumad, why not put up a video on Youtube and and paste the link here so we can see what your talking about.

What rpm idle speed are you at? You might be under the stock rpm setting which is 650 rpm.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have some sound clips of SW cat delete on a dyno but I've put it on anuff threads don't want to get carried away.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whyumad, why not put up a video on Youtube and and paste the link here so we can see what your talking about.

What rpm idle speed are you at? You might be under the stock rpm setting which is 650 rpm.

the tach reads around the 750 rpm mark. My setup is the same as wilsons for the most part, I'm just he can vouch for a nice little lope from the stock cam.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randigitty