LineX on Flares?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of pulling the wheel flares and having LineX hit them in black to match the bed.

Anyone done this? pros/cons?

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did and especially like the look.

I also plan to LineX any aftermarket bumpers that I get.

The biggest problem is that then nothing will match the grey on the spokes of my 2011. It's either aftermarket wheels or LineX or powder coat black the spokes

Last edited:

twlhunter65

Reaction score
I've seen pics of that done,Be carefull not to get any of the linex on the backside of the flairs or you wont get them back on,the clips wont grab.I painted my flairs to match,they look sick but are the first thing to get scratched where they stick out the most on our trucks.Linex is a good allternative if you like that look.

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for the tip. i figured that would be an issue. they will have to be taped very well. I know LineX goes on at 130 degrees as well, but I assume the plastic of the flares can take it okay.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for the tip. i figured that would be an issue. they will have to be taped very well. I know LineX goes on at 130 degrees as well, but I assume the plastic of the flares can take it okay.

I was looking at that option but was told that the Line-X will end up peeling for flaking due to being on the plastic. Not enough scuffing and metal to adhere to...

I have my front Wicked Bolt-On Bumper Line-X'd and would love to do the flares but unsure...

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did and especially like the look.

I also plan to LineX any aftermarket bumpers that I get.

The biggest problem is that then nothing will match the grey on the spokes of my 2011. It's either aftermarket wheels or LineX or powder coat black the spokes

Could you please explain how they did it for those of us who are planning on getting this done?

Did they do the entire flare or leave the backside clear for fitment back on the truck? Did you happen to talk to them about the process and how they did it for the best results?

Linex-SA... maybe you could chime in on this? I trust your opinion as an installer.

Thanks,

~BGM

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is a pic right after I had the flares LineX'd
DSC00521.jpg

And after I had the 2012 side bed graphic installed
DSC00554.jpg

Photographs make the flares look grey, but to the naked eye they appear black

Nacho

FRF Addict