Line-X prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree linexsa...no matter what your getting you have to ask the right questions- How do you prep the vehicles? If they say chemical etch dont walk or jog run lol.
Do you use a cold application process or a hot application process?

Am I missing anything Linexsa?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the quick response.. I wish I was near you so I could just let you do them fro me...

Yep he said it all. Pretty much will come off like shrimp if you don't completely coat it. Also he said probably not a good idea to use high powered pressure washers on it just to be safe. Personally I love the flare line-x'd. Would do it without a doubt again. Plus if someone door dings the flare no one will know. 50 bucks each flare, but they couldn't warranty it due to the plastic not bonding like it does to metal.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep he said it all. Pretty much will come off like shrimp if you don't completely coat it. Also he said probably not a good idea to use high powered pressure washers on it just to be safe. Personally I love the flare line-x'd. Would do it without a doubt again. Plus if someone door dings the flare no one will know. 50 bucks each flare, but they couldn't warranty it due to the plastic not bonding like it does to metal.

i agree about the no warranty issue, but ive never had any problems with any flares. or high pressure washers with coated flares. if a customer ever did ruin one, id probably redo it anyways.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i agree about the no warranty issue, but ive never had any problems with any flares. or high pressure washers with coated flares. if a customer ever did ruin one, id probably redo it anyways.

And thats what he was getting at. They would more than likely redo it if I had a problem, but mostly letting me know its nothing like when it bonds to metal. He said don't expect to swipe a tree and think the stuff will still stick to plastic.

They were trying to coat plastic pallets due to how slick they were, but I guess with the flex of the plastic and the bond between the two it would separate. Don't quote me on this and I dont know if they completely coated them or just the top.

Personally one of my favorite upgrades and would do it again.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree linexsa...no matter what your getting you have to ask the right questions- How do you prep the vehicles? If they say chemical etch dont walk or jog run lol.
Do you use a cold application process or a hot application process?

Am I missing anything Linexsa?

hot application?
2:1 or 1:1 application?
warranty?
length of time in business?
BBB rating/ issues resolved?
one thing i like to look at is the process and the shop setup. I love showing customers my work area and booth. its clean and full of recent equipment. I mask off the entire truck from front bumper to rear bumper top to bottom. none of my competitors take that time or waste the plastic on every truck. they drop a tarp in between the cab and bed, and leave the cab ready for over spray. these are all good things to look at. if you dont feel comfortable leaving your truck, you should probably find another shop. there are plenty of them out there.