Line-X in wheel wells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
POR-15 is a great product, I used it on my '85 on a lot of the undercarriage and rust repairs.

For the wheel wells though I prefer the textured look of line-x. I really hope Ford releases rear splash guard liners for the Raptor bed like they have for the regular f150's now.

Dunnbrother

Reaction score
I used the POR15 rubberized undercoating and it came out great. It took 2 spray cans to do both rear wells. There's other rubberized products out there for less but I always had great results with POR15 products.

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
Are you guys using the POR15 Chassiscoat Black?

And to the OP: my nearest Line-X dealer (in Kirkland, WA) also said that they don't use the bed liner material for the wheel wells, FWIW.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ah I did not realize POR-15 sold a rubberized undercoating version of their paint. I've used the chassis black and that stuff is redonkulous. If you get a drop of it in the rim of the paint can it's pretty much sealed shut and takes serious mangling to get open. Paint brushes dry hard enough you can hammer a nail with them, and you should keep the paint refrigerated for the longest life. Oh and get it on your skin, forget it. I coincidentally found that brake fluid is about the only thing that removes it once its dried on your skin. Degreaser, orange clean, rubbing alcohol, gojo, dawn, all do nothing.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We do wheel wells all the time! im fixing to do them on my new truck next week. i cant believe some Line-X dealers are afraid to do them! Our product is high pressure, but it is not hard to control or to get inside a wheel well. Some of these dealers need to get with the program!