Leveling the Front: Would it help save the skid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Total newbie question here. I think I know the answer, but figured I'd ask anyway...

As the title says, would a benefit of leveling the front (either via the perch adjustment or Truxxx spacers) help save our OEM skids? It seems we don't have to work too hard to nail those suckers and tweak them, or outright destroy them.

Experts?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Yes it does. Once I adjusted the perch I didn't kiss the dirt nearly as often. If I would have lifted the front from the beginning my skidplate might have been saved.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FOR SURE WILL HELP, but you need to do the shock adjustment, instead of the spacers. it will save all of your other front end parts in the long run, the spacers do not allow for as much down travel also,

check this out it will help walk you through the process

http://www.superduty-hq.com/adjustingyourfrontfoxcoil-overs.aspx
Thanks GOODGUY! I referenced your writeup before making my choice between the two options, but I ended up making the Truxxx mod. I'm really happy with it.

http://www.svtoffroad.com/showthread.php?2672-I-Leveled-the-Front-Truxxx-Style

Appreciate the detailed writeup though!! It really helped while trying to decide.

Reaction score
I wish I could take out my leveling kit. I had it installed the first week I had the truck early Jan, it looks great but the upper control arm comes in contact with the spring at full droop. Now I'm stuck with some chopped up studs on my shocks. :/

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I had my front shocks blow out and Ford warrantied the repair...I wonder if they would do the same with the leveling kit??

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish I could take out my leveling kit. I had it installed the first week I had the truck early Jan, it looks great but the upper control arm comes in contact with the spring at full droop. Now I'm stuck with some chopped up studs on my shocks. :/

Hey, look who posted here! The SoCal J - hope to see you Friday and Saturday in A-B and OW.

Reaction score
I had my front shocks blow out and Ford warrantied the repair...I wonder if they would do the same with the leveling kit??
I had my rear shocks replaced, one was blown but they wanted to replace both I don't know if that's just good service from galpin ford or standard procedure?

And yes I will be in AB fri and sat Dan :)

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score

O'rly? When was this B? Did they give any reason for the failure?

You push your truck harder than anyone I know, but I can't imagine you're pushing harder than Ford did during testing. Do you think you just had a "bad" set or do you think these shocks might be under spec'd for your driving?