Lets be real… Raptors aka fords are pieces of shit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not agree , I don't care about image and I think the others totally don't care about my truck and they are right ! This truck come from factory with good offroad capabilities without modification.
If @FordTechOne come here,may he will advice you to buy a toyota...
Post some videos of your off road adventures! I have actually taken mine to Moab, twice and I didn’t jump boulders. I basically drove my 90k truck on a dirt road, but that is just me. I certainly didn’t mean to offend you or anyone else. I simply expressed an opinion.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres two 3.5s
One is the standard one

The other is the High Output (HO) version, like he was saying
Ok, the Raptor‘s high output is 450 HP, the engine in the Lariat is 430, I stand corrected! I’m sure you must understand the term marketing. Call it high output, call it an F35, I was told it’s the same engine, but tuned differently.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, the Raptor‘s high output is 450 HP, the engine in the Lariat is 430, I stand corrected! I’m sure you must understand the term marketing. Call it high output, call it an F35, I was told it’s the same engine, but tuned differently.
It’s not the same engine, there are a lot of different parts, it’s not just the tune. The long block itself is pretty different. On top of that the hybrid powerboost makes the 430 number, not the standard EcoBoost. Without the electric motor it makes 400.

badclam

Reaction score
Well last week my wife and I drove both trucks both directions Donner Pass and using the sport mode on each, both performed exceptionally well. The Raptor has 50 additional HP and the exact same engine as the Lariat. The next day we went over Kingbury Grade with both trucks full of furniture with the same result. Sure the dunes would challange the Lariat, but not too many people trash a 90k off-road.
I don't understand paying $90k for a Raptor if you aren't going to punish it? I believe the Gen 3 Raptor is the best off-road pickup to ever come off an assembly line. Lariats are great trucks, but they're suspension is no comparison to a Raptor.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everything sucks and is a pos now. It’s all bout how you polish the **** now. My 22 has a new trans. I’ve had to take care of rust. Bumper fitment was crap. Interior stitching is meh. But… Goosetune. A few hours in the garage. Elbow grease. I have a nice **** dude.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post some videos of your off road adventures! I have actually taken mine to Moab, twice and I didn’t jump boulders. I basically drove my 90k truck on a dirt road, but that is just me. I certainly didn’t mean to offend you or anyone else. I simply expressed an opinion.
I will do . In 3 weeks .I will be in north Africa, Sahara desert. One truck, one guy inside...You don't think I will follow a crew like a sheep ... I do all my offroad trip alone...Russia, Iceland, Morocco ...But, why am I justify my self...Also I understand your point of view , but you know passion/reason...

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not the same engine, there are a lot of different parts, it’s not just the tune. The long block itself is pretty different. On top of that the hybrid powerboost makes the 430 number, not the standard EcoBoost. Without the electric motor it makes 400.
That makes sense. I know the hybrid adds 1500 pounds to the f150 and I also know the Raptors curb weight is about 800 pounds more than the lariat, which probably is the reason the lariat feels just as fast, is easier to park and more nimble on the street. I’m not a physics expert, but 800 Pounds is a lot of weight. Just for fun, next weekend I will test both trucks in the quarter mile. My gut tells me there will be negligible difference. Just like after I receive the trailer I ordered to tow a UTV (hopefully Friday) , I will see how the tongue of the loaded trailer sits on both trucks, as well as test their hill climbing ability…..as long as the Raptor doesn’t sag. For clarification, I’m not one to punish a 90k Raptor, I bought a Polaris Ranger to punish off road. On a side note, yesterday I took the ranger on some local canal roads filled with low hanging trees, brush and I few very heavy rock areas. Could the Raptor have done it, maybe, but afterward it would cost 1000’s in body repair. However there was a bunch of switchbacks that the Raptor could not negotiate. The Ranger does 70 MPH and is 64” wide, has a very tight turning radius and was made to off road, whereas the almost 8’ wide Raptor is for jumping sand dunes. A 30k Polaris will annihilate a Raptor in an environment where the passages are tight and not a least 8’ wide. My idea of off roading is not an 8’ wide dirt road and I’m new to the off road thing, but I like it soooo much, I just ordered two ATV’s.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh look:

https://offroadofficial.com/polaris-ranger-1000-problems/

Polaris has problems too.

To buy a Raptor and complain it won't do what your style of driving requires (seems you like the tight twisty trails) when that is not what the Raptor excels at, is disingenuous at best.

And then to continue the hypocrisy of your thought by calling Raptors and Fords pieces of shit while singing the praises of your chosen vehicle and ignoring very similar deficits

Well sir, you have become laughable