Lets be real… Raptors aka fords are pieces of shit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Um, the front suspension travel on your Gen 3 is better than any other production truck..... ever. The bells and whistles on Gen 2&3 Raptors notwithstanding, that modern suspension can be dialed in to run at speed through some crazy terrain.
The Gen 3 with E-Clik and a revalve can out run a mid travel Gen 1. We are living in the golden age of trucks, don’t sell it short. If you live in the climate and actually use the truck, its performance in a relative sense, in its element, is on par with a gt3rs, etc.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
********! When I bought my 22 Raptor my wife was driving a nice 22 Lariat F150. I'll give you the parking being easier, but the rest of your comparison,"it feels just as fast" and"much more nimble on the pavement"? I call ******** on that. Once my wife started driving my Raptor, she didn't want to drive her Lariat anymore. I had to buy her a Raptor to get mine back. Even my wife can tell the difference, and she only has hers off the pavement maybe 5% of the time. Being able to change to sport mode to slam through the mountain passes, and put it sand mode to drive on the beach at high tide are a bonus to the "best driving truck she's ever had". I punish my Raptor, so there's no comparison to me. I don't think of F150s as capable of much "truck stuff", but I have 2 F350s as a comparison. ....I've had zero issues with either Raptor, either F350, my Bronco Sasquatch, or my BRaptor.
Well last week my wife and I drove both trucks both directions Donner Pass and using the sport mode on each, both performed exceptionally well. The Raptor has 50 additional HP and the exact same engine as the Lariat. The next day we went over Kingbury Grade with both trucks full of furniture with the same result. Sure the dunes would challange the Lariat, but not too many people trash a 90k off-road.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor has 50 additional HP and the exact same engine as the Lariat.
So your Lariat has the 3.5 HO ecoboost…you must have gotten the only one. You are happy with your choice for your particular uses which is all that matters. But you are not going to convince the rest of us no matter how much opinion you put out there. Especially when you didn’t seem to understand the pros and cons of the Raptor to begin with.