Lets be real… Raptors aka fords are pieces of shit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badclam

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say Raptor’s are POS. They look cool and I assume they make owners feel cool. However, I just bought my wife a Ford lariat with the sport and black package and IMO it is just as cool, but it is a real truck. It can do truck stuff! It has 400 HP, which is 50 less than the Raptor and it FEELS just as fast. It is also much more nimble on the pavement and a lot easier to park. Common, how many Raptors jump sand dunes? I have owned Gen 1, 2 and 3, I still own the 3, but realize I could have saved a bunch of money with a Lariat!
********! When I bought my 22 Raptor my wife was driving a nice 22 Lariat F150. I'll give you the parking being easier, but the rest of your comparison,"it feels just as fast" and"much more nimble on the pavement"? I call ******** on that. Once my wife started driving my Raptor, she didn't want to drive her Lariat anymore. I had to buy her a Raptor to get mine back. Even my wife can tell the difference, and she only has hers off the pavement maybe 5% of the time. Being able to change to sport mode to slam through the mountain passes, and put it sand mode to drive on the beach at high tide are a bonus to the "best driving truck she's ever had". I punish my Raptor, so there's no comparison to me. I don't think of F150s as capable of much "truck stuff", but I have 2 F350s as a comparison. ....I've had zero issues with either Raptor, either F350, my Bronco Sasquatch, or my BRaptor.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay….I have owned all three generations and still have a Gen 3….37. That said, Raptors are a waste of money. Yes, looking back, I bought it for image, like 99% of owners, I don’t Baja it, the truck makes owners feel good about themselves.It is like a boob job, looks good with clothes, but naked the boobs look like water balloons underneath skin, grab ithem and you know they are fake!

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Okay….I have owned all three generations and still have a Gen 3….37. That said, Raptors are a waste of money. Yes, looking back, I bought it for image, like 99% of owners, I don’t Baja it, the truck makes owners feel good about themselves.It is like a boob job, looks good with clothes, but naked the boobs look like water balloons underneath skin, grab ithem and you know they are fake!
200.gif

Last edited:

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my Second raptor.

First one (gen 2) had cam phasers, seats and steering wheel elements went out, tailgate steps broke, sunroof busted, both wiper nozzles stopped working.

Second raptor with 1K total miles driven thus far and door keypad busted, had the weird audio boom from the B&O and now, this…

Vent over. I don’t want any other truck.

I had cam phaser issues on my 19 that were repaired twice, busted driver seat heating element that I repaired myself, and multiple sunroof issues. Once I found the consensus that Ford sorted phaser issues out, I was comfortable switching to a new one. When I was looking for my 23 it absolutely could not be optioned with a sunroof. totally non negotiable. I thought I would miss it at times, but it's been about 6 months now and I don't remember the last time I thought about it.

edit: I had tailgate step issues too. I was indifferent to having that again, but my truck came without it. I have missed that one a few times to be honest.

Hope they sort it out for you!

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s jump to the end already, when the thread gets locked.

Before that, let me just say that 4500 bucks is a more than fair offer for a POS. Way more than you’re going to get from the rest of these cheapskates.
Lets not jump to the end of this too soon, OP has a lot to think about with your fine offer and ya know....bewbs are fun too

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Um, the front suspension travel on your Gen 3 is better than any other production truck..... ever. The bells and whistles on Gen 2&3 Raptors notwithstanding, that modern suspension can be dialed in to run at speed through some crazy terrain.