let me know what you think..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am retired LEO, we have had 4 Raptors all with leather seats. We have 2 Dobermans and found putting rubber backed rugs save the seats while they in the trucks. Also have had other trucks Fords, GMC and Dodges none compare with the 18 Raptor my wife drives or the 18 Shelby Baja Raptor I drive. Good luck brother!
I’m guessing you retired as a commander or something with that stable $$ :) ....thank you sir

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally If I was to buy another raptor it would be a 2013-14. They are holding their value and the 2017+ aren’t selling even though the dealers still mark them up and tell you they are hard to get, they just sit on the lot until another moron walks up, buys it, then a month later realizes he’s paying $900 a month for a truck with decent suspension and a power train they shoulda left in a mid sized vehicle, and then he trades it in and loses his ass on it. Hate the eco boost motor, hate the 10 speed tranny, yea it’s faster but feels like crap constantly shifting, trying to build boost, it’s like a v6 mustang trying to work like it’s a v8 and it’s not. Got rid of my 2017 within 2 months. Whatever Ford was thinking by putting that motor in a raptor they must be out of their mind. It would be a good truck if they ripped out the electronics and that motor and transmission. God I hate that motor in the raptor. That’s my opinion and yes I know people will bitch and cry about it, but again it’s the truth, my 2014 had zero issues ever, the gen 2 not so much.

1. The 2017+ are holding their value as well as Gen 1.
2. The 2017+ are selling much better than the Gen 1. Calling Gen 2 buyers "morons" will get you nothing but a fast ticket off the forum. It's ridiculous and uncalled for.
3. You can hate the Ecoboost motor and 10 speed all you want. That's your opinion, nobody cares. Doesn't change the fact that it still outperforms the Gen 1 in every measurable category, including fuel economy.
4. Clearly you're either lying about owning a Gen 2 or you just have that much bias and anger built up for some reason. For someone that criticizes the truck to the extent you have, your claim that you actually bought one doesn't sound credible.
5. Your claims of "trying to build boost", "constantly shifting", and comparing it to a V6 Mustang only exemplify your ignorance and bias. It's obvious you've never even driven one.

Nobody is "crying" or "bitching" except for you. You talk about "ripping out the electronics" as if you're a cave man. You have some serious issues, work on them before posting something so asinine next time.

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. The 2017+ are holding their value as well as Gen 1.
2. The 2017+ are selling much better than the Gen 1. Calling Gen 2 buyers "morons" will get you nothing but a fast ticket off the forum. It's ridiculous and uncalled for.
3. You can hate the Ecoboost motor and 10 speed all you want. That's your opinion, nobody cares. Doesn't change the fact that it still outperforms the Gen 1 in every measurable category, including fuel economy.
4. Clearly you're either lying about owning a Gen 2 or you just have that much bias and anger built up for some reason. For someone that criticizes the truck to the extent you have, your claim that you actually bought one seems ridiculous.
5. Your claims of "trying to build boost", "constantly shifting", and comparing it to a V6 Mustang only exemplify your ignorance and bias. It's obvious you've never even driven one.

Nobody is "crying" or "bitching" except for you. You talk about "ripping out the electronics" as if you're a cave man. You have some serious issues, work on them before posting something so asinine next time.

I have to agree with you, I don't believe ***** ever drove one, let alone owned one, considering his comments on the engine.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What ***** had said in this thread crossed my mind tonight while I was running my truck up a really steep windy road that follows the edge of a ski area by my house. It was the first time I put it in sport mode, I only have 350 miles on it. What I wasn't thinking, was what a weak, junky, engine, and what a horrible 10 speed tranny! I couldn't stop laughing at how fun it was and I wasn't even on it hard at all, because I want to take it easy for a while to break it in. The trans is really set up well. What an awesome truck! @FordTechOne