Let’s be honest- The Raptor R is going to be expensive!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think this is kind of like a lot of us have been saying. If you have a 2nd Gen Raptor, the 3rd Gen really isn’t that big enough of an improvement to make you want to change.

For me the biggest gripe I have with the 3rd Gen is the all digital dash. I’m old school and like my analog tach and speedometer mixed in with the digital stuff in the middle.
Plus all the mods, the labor I put in installing those mods, plus the labor of un installing, its a lot of time and effort.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got it. I understand, though I don't agree. No one should be guaranteed a shot at a luxury item, in my opinion. Bread and eggs, sure. Raptor R, no - let the demand drive the price.
Yes, I see what you are referring to, agree with your statement as well, good point!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The Raptor demographic is the type that literally brags how expensive their truck is, they take pride in it.

Just look at how butt hurt you are at someone bragging how cheap they got theirs. So many of you would froth at the mouth at a 6 figure raptor, simply for bragging rights.

Your $100k raptor will be great towing your boat on pavement up to tahoe , just what it was made for.

that's my point.

Is it 2017 again and now we’re trolling potential Gen 3 buyers? I remember not liking this online behavior back in 2017 and I reckon it’s not a really useful line of discussion now.

Prices are high, Raptors are expensive, and some dealers charge extra. Customers are willing to pay for the Raptor. Some will pay more, some will pay less. Some will get more, some will get less.

We should focus on identifying dealers who aren’t overcharging and getting that information to likely buyers.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chirpin gears and pullin brodies!
Its Friday Reaction GIF

policedutchdog

Reaction score
I definitely agree that the Raptor is simply not the average truck which is why it commands such a premium. It's also Fords most profitable vehicle thou they are only a fraction of the 1 million+ F-150's that Ford produces every year. I can't imagine that Ford is going to build more than 5-10K Raptor R's so the demand is going to far out weigh the availability. I really like the new Gen 3 but the reality is their isn't enough there for me to consider jumping into a new 85k truck and no SCAB.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. I understand, though I don't agree. No one should be guaranteed a shot at a luxury item, in my opinion. Bread and eggs, sure. Raptor R, no - let the demand drive the price.
100% agree..... why ppl feel so in titled these days is beyond me. There are levels to this. IMO a Raptor R will not be had for under 120k and that’s fine with me, this wasn’t meant for everybody to have

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
100% agree..... why ppl feel so in titled these days is beyond me. There are levels to this. IMO a Raptor R will not be had for under 120k and that’s fine with me, this wasn’t meant for everybody to have
Just like F12 Berlinettas', not everyone can afford them And there are cheaper versions of sports cars that are affordable.

Horrible comparison but my garage says otherwise.