LED bar installation !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I do NickPick83.

so if the wires on the new light are labeled all u have to do is test each wire on the truck goin to the tai light bulbs. turn the blinker on and test each wire. once u find the which wire gets voltage on it, u can tap into it in whatever method u choose. then u can set the ebrake and chock the tires and put the truck in reverse and test for power, then u will know what to tap into for reverse and then go on from there.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased a LED bar .....IPCW LED Tailgate Light Bar .... this LED bar needs to be hardwired into the existing back lights (brake, signals, reverse). Did anybody install something like this and can give some expert heads-up? I bet it is not very hard...and I have the time and the tools.

Maybe I am wrong, but this might help you with the install. From what I can read, it plugs into your trailer light connection and will then control all of your wiring. I am not sure if it is even compatible with the Raptor setup, but maybe.

FireStorm Trailer Plug Controller # 10999 | PlasmaGlow

Nevermind, I think this is for another product mentioned in the thread. Pretend you dont see this :)

A

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most of those plug in to trailor harness dont they? i no the one on my buddies f250 u plug it in to the 4 pin and run one to back up lights. and it gets installed with 3m tape and zip screws.

If you do this, the reverse light remains inactive, plus you have stuff sticking out of the trailor plug...and this is not what I want.

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do this, the reverse light remains inactive, plus you have stuff sticking out of the trailor plug...and this is not what I want.

right but if its pluging in to that you can cut the plug off an spice in to the wires behind it. its closer than tail lights and if you do it right youll never have an issue and you only run one wire over to power from the reverse light.