Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Scab. Eibachs up front and stock rear springs at the moment. Towed a camper once and seems my leaf springs are now sagging bad. Looking for pictures and advice on which springs to order. I want the truck to be overall level maybe a hair higher in back but no crazy rake. In lines of weight I don’t have much in the back. I have a Fiberglass bedcover that weights 80lbs and the built right industries bed panels. Any pictures and advice is appreciated!

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First and foremost the stock leaf springs suck, especially coupled with the 2" block. They are way too soft. You basically have two options. The first is to change to Icon leaf springs. They come in one package and have 3 settings you can set by lift and load you desire. The three setting are stock height which is +2 (+2 is because they remove the 2' block). The second is 1" higher with a higher bed load capacity and the third setting is 2" higher than stock with additional load capacity. The other option is Deaver leaf springs. They come in various set ups of height and load capacities. With Deaver, you will need to decide which fits you best. The difference is Deaver sends you the one set you picked, not other parts to add or take away like Icon. Both leaf spring packs are great and are light years better than the stock ones. Take a look at both those options on their websites and decide. The other bonus you will get when removing the stock springs and 2" block is that dreaded ghostly drift you get when turning over freeway expansion joints. It feels like your ass end is going to kick around. That will be gone with the new set up. Hope that helps in laymen's terms

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not trying to be too critical here, but you can't tow a camper, so to be specific, did you tow a trailer or load a camper into the box, because my advice and others will be determined on your answer. If you are towing a trailer, you need an equalizer hitch to level out the load, regardless of which springs you have or install, unless it's just a utility trailer. If you are hauling a camper in the box, you will need more than springs, you need a f250.

OP
OP
IndianaRaptor

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
Not trying to be too critical here, but you can't tow a camper, so to be specific, did you tow a trailer or load a camper into the box, because my advice and others will be determined on your answer. If you are towing a trailer, you need an equalizer hitch to level out the load, regardless of which springs you have or install, unless it's just a utility trailer. If you are hauling a camper in the box, you will need more than springs, you need a f250.

I think your read way to far into that and missed what I was asking. Yes you can “Tow” a camper. It’s called a travel trailer. If it was a in the bed camper it would be hauling and I would be asking more about payload. Also mention I towed it once. Isn’t going to be a ongoing thing. I was asking for pictures and experiences people have had with ICON and DEAVER springs. Sorry I come on here for info and try to be helpful to others and don’t have time for these “Know it all’s” to be “CRITICAL” and just get in the comments to act like they know more than anyone around.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think your read way to far into that and missed what I was asking. Yes you can “Tow” a camper. It’s called a travel trailer. If it was a in the bed camper it would be hauling and I would be asking more about payload. Also mention I towed it once. Isn’t going to be a ongoing thing. I was asking for pictures and experiences people have had with ICON and DEAVER springs. Sorry I come on here for info and try to be helpful to others and don’t have time for these “Know it all’s” to be “CRITICAL” and just get in the comments to act like they know more than anyone around.
Well, I offered you advice, because I tow a travel trailer and not a camper, and I have Deavers plus 3's and an equalizer hitch. If you want to nick pick my advice, that's up to you, good luck anyway and have a great day.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Scab. Eibachs up front and stock rear springs at the moment. Towed a camper once and seems my leaf springs are now sagging bad...

If your springs are de-arched, you screwed up with too much tongue weight. Rumor has it that the dealer will replace your springs under warranty. Next time make sure that the tongue weight is reasonable. Note: total payload is 1200lb, including what's in the cab. You can't put 1200lb in the bed and have the springs survive. If you put 1200lb on the trailer hitch, that's like putting 1500lb over the rear axle because it transfers weight off the front axle. I'd expect that anything over about 600lb tongue weight without a WDH is too much, but that's a wet finger in the air.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only tow a small yard waste help someone move trailer every once in awhile. I went with deaver +3s and a drop shackle to keep my scab at stock height. I decided to add a 2 spare chase rack that dropped the rear by 1” so I removed the drop shackle and went back to the stock shackles which raised it 1”. If you tow a camper you could go with the deaver HD springs. I just wanted to let you know you have options with the deavers if you get a drop shackle.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Scab. Eibachs up front and stock rear springs at the moment. Towed a camper once and seems my leaf springs are now sagging bad. Looking for pictures and advice on which springs to order. I want the truck to be overall level maybe a hair higher in back but no crazy rake. In lines of weight I don’t have much in the back. I have a Fiberglass bedcover that weights 80lbs and the built right industries bed panels. Any pictures and advice is appreciated!

My best advice to you is to not listen to anyone on this forum when it comes to suspension advice. The opinions are usually uninformed and emotional. It's hard to find real advice in between the idiots spewing ignorant opinions. Suspension is one of those things where there isn't one single answer. THe answer is going to be specific to your requirements. My advice is to call Deaver and Icon directly and work with the experts that design the springs. Don't talk to the sales staff talk to the technical staff. Describe what your trying to accomplish and follow their advice.

For example. In my case and in direct conflict with those that think the stock springs are garbage Deaver suggested NOT using one of their pre packaged spring packs and instead built me a custom spring based on my stock spring pack AND it was cheaper than their pre packaged stuff that everyone runs out and buys. Basically re arched and added 2 leafs to each side. Your solution will vary based on your specific needs/wants.

My solution works perfectly for me but may be wildly inappropriate for you. Do yourself a huge favor and talk directly to the suspension experts at Deaver and Icon. You might also consider talking directly with a suspension shop about your overall setup taking into account front and rear spring requirements. Compare and contrast the opinions of known experts and ignore opinions on forums. Suspension setups are intricate and fundamental to your driving experience and thus deserves the extra effort to do it right.