Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Just installed Eibach Springs and +3 Deavers on my 2018. Question for those who have same setup.

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by CA818, Sep 4, 2020.

1. CA818

CA818 Member

Thanks man! I think you are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. K223

K223 FRF Addict

After checking bolts, I would make sure the nuts on top of the shock (3 of them) are nice and tight, and also go down to the spring perch and make sure the springs are twisted all the way and locked into the perch. Out side of this, the rubber spring isolator on top may not have the spring seated properly. But that’s lot of spring pressure, so that would be last on my list to have checked.

Have heard of some people having clunking noises after Front springs. You shouldn’t if the job is done correctly. No reason to. Never heard any noise up front in my truck after springs.

CA818 likes this.
  3. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

is this also a function of going w/ linear vs progressive rate springs?

I have eibachs but haven’t installed, going back & forth w/ what to do in the rear.....but now 2nd guessing going w/ eibachs vs geiser

I opted to go w/ eibachs for the following reasons- 1st they're cheaper & when you start factoring in rear leafs/bump stops/install every $100 counts, 2nd my understanding was they wouldn’t raise the front as high & since I’m already fighting against rear squat/nose high stance figured better to go w/ the “shorter” of the 2 & 3rd it was also my understanding that the new revised version of these eibach springs road better overall

4. CHMP

CHMP Full Access Member

I have the exact same setup as you OP.

I now have to drive over speed bumps slower to not get that gnarly clunk. My buddy who helped me do the front and rear springs re-checked the torque everywhere and it's all normal.

I agree with others theory that by the front end lifting 1.7", you are losing the same amount of negative travel causing a harsh bottom out. Since big speed bumps are the only time I ever notice any noise or issue, I just got used to it.

CA818 likes this.
  5. bviperd

bviperd Full Access Member

Would running Camburg UCA fix this problem? Correct the UCA geometry and allow the live valve to function as stock?

6. Ryan C

Ryan C Full Access Member

I just installed Factory Series 3.0s and experienced the same with about 1.5" of lift from stock using the preload adjuster. Its very noticeable offroad. I will be lowering the truck again to regain some negative travel.