Eibach springs + timbren SES or adding leaf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 26k on my 2018 truck was planning on adding Eibach springs which I have had for a while but have resisted installing b/c I HATE nose high look, tow some stuff on occasion (jets skis/utility trailer), keep 150 lbs or so in bed on the reg & will load it up pretty good on occasion. I want a little higher ride height/handling, but I don't want to sit nose high or put more stress on stock shocks than I should be by regularly towing/hauling stuff.

I know the icon/deaver deal - I'm sure they'd work well, but for the $$$ + install + needing extra parts/$$$ for bump stop solution AND waving a "I'm modded so F w/ me when it comes to warranty work" flag w/ the OBVIOUS rear suspension mods is something I'd like to avoid (I even powder coated the eibachs black to be more discrete)

SOOOOO - can SOMEONE w/ experience point me to a shop in MA that has successfully added a leaf or 2 to the stock setup gaining back height/load capacity in the rear while maintaining a rake & decent ride quality?

OR - has anyone opted to just do the Eibach springs in front & added the Timbren SES rubber helper springs?? It seems to me either would be MUCH cheaper solution & would be better @ avoiding warranty issues.....am I misunderstanding how the Timbren SES parts work, b/c I don't see why more people wouldn't just add those & call it a day, seems like @ the very least it would prevent the rear from sagging past level when under load & would basically be unnoticeable when not towing/hauling.

Any help is appreciated.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our shop is located in Brockton, MA and we work on Raptors all the time.

As you mentioned, the most common solution for the rear of the trucks is adding leaf springs. But you are correct that they come with a cost. Timbrens will help combat rear sag when trailering but do not do much to help lift the rear when not trailering. The Timbrens leave up to a few inch gap between the bump plates and the bottom of the Timbren bumps when the truck is unloaded (depending upon how much your rear springs have sagged with time and use, could be less).

There are some F150 add-a-leafs out there, but none that we have seen that fit the Raptor. We have seen some folks install additional rear blocks under the springs but that's not something that we necessarily recommend.

Another option is to find someone that has recently removed their OEM rear springs and swap a new or nearly new set in.

The best solution is still the Deavers/Icons.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had the deaver +3. they sagged in 3 months. i got the wsi. they sagged in 4 months. i took them off and went to a local shop where they re arched them and added a leaf ($200 per side) and now couldnt be happier.its now a 12leaf pack. been on 3 months and no sagging at all. preran our wyoming event, been in nevada several times, jumped several times, towed with it several times and my normal offroad driving. no problems at all.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Badger, have you taken measurements of your stock front and rear fender heights yet? Reason I ask is that you may be surprised by how much or little rake you have. Like you, I really dislike the nose-high look but wanted to level my front end. I would prefer to do new springs, but with Eibach claiming a 2.5" lift on the 2017-2018 Raptors, I checked my rake before ordering. With my BakFlip bed cover and the usual items I carry in the bed, I only have 1 3/8" rake stock. I decided to go with the Icon adjustable leveling collar and am going to set it on 1", leaving a little rake.

Might want to start there, then at least if you stick with the Eibachs and go to a shop for an add-a-leaf, you'll know exactly what height you're targeting.