Last year Raptor will be offered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I currently drive a '99 Super Duty 7.3L and my wife has an '02 Xcursion 7.3L. New diesels are too expensive for us. We will need a car for our daughter and long story short is my wife gave me the o.k. for a Raptor. I was intereseted in a Boss 302 as I'm a Ford only guy, but with the 5.0 "tick" and Getrag 6spd. "nightmare", seems like a Raptor is the best way to go. I will not be doing ANYTHING to bend a frame. My question is how long do you hear they will make it? I am looking to put off purchase as long as possible, but not miss out. Thanks in advance for your replies and thanks for allowing me to join your forum.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll have well into the summer to orde a 2012. And there's been spy shots of a 2013 rolling around, so that should be pretty strong confirmation that we'll at least see a 2013.

OP
OP
nogm4me

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Reptar. I am pretty much looking at holding off till the last moment for a truck. I really think a pure stock truck is all I need from what I've looked at. Do you know when Ford is "supposed" to "re-do" the F-150 because I've heard that is when they stop the SVT stuff. I mean when is the time to get serious about an order if you are holding out? I've always ordered my new vehicles, Ford of course, but are there any time frames for the SVT Raptor deal being discontinued? Thanks!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Reptar. I am pretty much looking at holding off till the last moment for a truck. I really think a pure stock truck is all I need from what I've looked at. Do you know when Ford is "supposed" to "re-do" the F-150 because I've heard that is when they stop the SVT stuff. I mean when is the time to get serious about an order if you are holding out? I've always ordered my new vehicles, Ford of course, but are there any time frames for the SVT Raptor deal being discontinued? Thanks!

So far there is no time frame for the SVT Raptor to be discontinued. An uneducated guess would be when they bring out the new body style for the F150 in 2014.
Right now there is an aproximate 4 month wait to order a fully loaded SVT Raptor. (This is based on my 2012 Raptor order that is due in April)
As far a fully stock (no navigation, no front camera, no luxury package) Raptor there are several available on dealers lots. Ford built this "dealer units" first then customers sold orders.
Hope that answers your questions.

-Greg

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And please don't buy into the frame bending hype. Its not the problem some have made it out to be. Don't be afraid to use the truck as it was meant to be used.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen the 2013 price book and a Ford rep told me maybe til 2016.
I never said any of this or I'll have to kill myself.hehe

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
also to toss in the wild card, never really know what Ford may do.

In 2004 they updated the f-150 lineup significantly from the 97-03 body style. EXCEPT they kept 1 plant operating on the old body style for "Heritage" edition trucks which were 2004 model year but 2003 body style, and one more year of the Gen 2 Lightning. Nobody ever expected that when Ford revamped the f-150 lineup that they'd still pump out 1 more year of Lightnings and a "Heritage" edition f-150 in the old body style.

Not saying it will or won't happen again, just simply saying, odds are is nobody will really know for sure till it happens.

OP
OP
nogm4me

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Even if the frame "issue" is an issue, it doesn't bother me one bit. I haven't many new cars/trucks on a model year deadline, but let's say Ford offers a '13 Raptor, what is the last month to order? I realize this may be impossible to nail down, but the longer I can wait the better for me. I know that sounds weird on an enthusiast site, but it comes down to $ and we will be in a much better place the longer I wait. Probably a '13 would be best for us, but if they say '12 is it, then we're getting one in 2012. I've looked at them and I guess I'm getting older, but the standard truck seems to fit the bill for me. What options are folks finding they can't live without? Thanks, Dave

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If buying a 50k truck is going to put you in any sort of fiscal pain you shouldnt be buying a 50k truck. Just sayin.

I wouldnt order past the middle of the year on a model year that is going to be the last of any body style. *just my two cents*

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If buying a 50k truck is going to put you in any sort of fiscal pain you shouldnt be buying a 50k truck. Just sayin.

I wouldnt order past the middle of the year on a model year that is going to be the last of any body style. *just my two cents*

I agree! This truck can and will eat money faster than gasoline! Unless it is a garage/street queen...

-Greg