Lake Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try Blackwood Canyon OHV trail on the West Shore. It's between Emerald Bay and Tahoe City. I have a cabin in Tahoe City and we run our Raptor and Jeeps there in the summer months. The snow is dumping up there this week though, so access might be difficult. There was literally no snow there a week ago.
I will check this out. Like you said they are getting dumped on! Was worried we wouldn't be able to ski. Thanks for the recommendation.

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found most of the trails in Tahoe close for winter. Are you staying South lake or North lake? MET aka Mormon Emigrant Trail is open year round and they do not plow roads there. There will probably been a few feet of fresh snow. I do not recommend you go out on your own. I'm not sure the status currently because of the forest fires.

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found most of the trails in Tahoe close for winter. Are you staying South lake or North lake? MET aka Mormon Emigrant Trail is open year round and they do not plow roads there. There will probably been a few feet of fresh snow. I do not recommend you go out on your own. I'm not sure the status currently because of the forest fires.
South Lake. There wouldn't happen to be any raptor meet ups in the coming days around the area would there? Wish i could drive my own rap over there, @K223 you coming with me?? road trip!

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely ask locals before attempting most of those trails. I went to college in Reno, and most Tahoe area trails are too tight for Raptor's imo especially in lots of snow. I'm sure other's have done it no problem, but I'd hate to bite off more than I can chew in a rental no less. There's some great trails near Pyramid lake if you don't mind a bit of a drive to Reno for some desert style running.

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely ask locals before attempting most of those trails. I went to college in Reno, and most Tahoe area trails are too tight for Raptor's imo especially in lots of snow. I'm sure other's have done it no problem, but I'd hate to bite off more than I can chew in a rental no less. There's some great trails near Pyramid lake if you don't mind a bit of a drive to Reno for some desert style running.
I would love that! Will ask around and look in to it. Thank you!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
South Lake. There wouldn't happen to be any raptor meet ups in the coming days around the area would there? Wish i could drive my own rap over there, @K223 you coming with me?? road trip!
You have no business driving in snow and either do I! We are men of sand and mud lol. Would love to check out the scene though. Unfortunately I will have to remain back here. See you when your back and do post up some pics while your out there. I know @CoronaRaptor would love to see the adventure.

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It dumped last night. Got 2.5 feet of snow. Last night would have been great fun to drive around in it. Blackwood Canyon would be a good idea. We have a 19 crew in Performance Blue. Wife usually drives it to work. Give a wave if you see her.