Kooks exhaust, Smaller Pulley to SC, and Tune Added- Impressive!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an update of my latest additions. Shop had the truck all day and night yesterday. 15 hours total. They added Kooks LT headers, and full exhaust to the muffler. I kept my current one to keep the noise down(truck in garage directly below my 2.5, and 3.5 year olds room. And 3rd baby be here in spring). Added the smaller 3.250 pulley to my Whipple and got a JDM tune.

Obviously I have not been on the dyno yet(next week), but I am quite impressed with the gains as measured by my "butt" dyno. First of all the Whipple tune was really poor to begin with. Every aspect of reaction from the motor is better(response, shifts, smoothness), the sound is absolutely fantastic(not too much though), and the difference in power is very significant. I wish I would have dyno'ed it before, so I would officially know. Estimates(not mine, the experts) are maybe up 100 hp increase to the wheel. Seems high IMO, but the difference is quite noticeable. Hard to tell if that is just a much better tune and flow or the smaller pulley doing the lion's share of the improvement. In any case, It is fantastic. I wash going 60 on the highway, and punched it, and was at 100 in a very short burst. Stand still acceleration is vastly better as well. I encourage anyone running the Whipple to consider these changes. If it is in the budget. I will post the dyno numbers when I get them.

mike.s

Reaction score
I'm happy with my JDM tune as well. Although, I'm getting headers, and throttle body upgrade at Addiction Motorsports soon, and they will dyno tune my truck.

OP
OP
RaptorFlipper

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sir! I replaced the factory muffler a week after I bought the truck. Dynomax VT. Wanted better flow, but low noise unless getting on it. Did the CAI and tune at the same time. The full kooks makes it sound much louder and deeper grumble. No drone either.

Mike.s-Was your tune an email tune?

matdaddy

Reaction score
How much boost does that 3.250 pulley give you ? Yikes :crazy: 15h I was planning on doing this with a buddy ..

Happy your enjoying the new set up !

apeezie289

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an update of my latest additions. Shop had the truck all day and night yesterday. 15 hours total. They added Kooks LT headers, and full exhaust to the muffler. I kept my current one to keep the noise down(truck in garage directly below my 2.5, and 3.5 year olds room. And 3rd baby be here in spring). Added the smaller 3.250 pulley to my Whipple and got a JDM tune.

Obviously I have not been on the dyno yet(next week), but I am quite impressed with the gains as measured by my "butt" dyno. First of all the Whipple tune was really poor to begin with. Every aspect of reaction from the motor is better(response, shifts, smoothness), the sound is absolutely fantastic(not too much though), and the difference in power is very significant. I wish I would have dyno'ed it before, so I would officially know. Estimates(not mine, the experts) are maybe up 100 hp increase to the wheel. Seems high IMO, but the difference is quite noticeable. Hard to tell if that is just a much better tune and flow or the smaller pulley doing the lion's share of the improvement. In any case, It is fantastic. I wash going 60 on the highway, and punched it, and was at 100 in a very short burst. Stand still acceleration is vastly better as well. I encourage anyone running the Whipple to consider these changes. If it is in the budget. I will post the dyno numbers when I get them.

I thought the general mod process is to get the headers first then the whipple?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk