GEN 2 KO2 wet roads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d argue that one. The tires are good, but most All Terrains that do not feature aggressive siping are poor in wet conditions. This combined with the light rear end of the truck makes for a poor combination.

Agreed. Try a mud tire in wet/slippery conditions and you will really be hating life.

Jwin

Reaction score
Recommendations? I’ve looked at Toyo RT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just ordered new wheels. When they get here, I’ll either be going with another set of KO2s or Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Leaning towards KO2s again though cause they weight 4lbs less.

And yes most likely it’s because you are closer to end of tire life. That makes sense to me.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They’re not great in wet conditions due to limited siping/channeling action, as others mentioned most “AT” tires aren’t going to be great in very wet conditions on streets....I mean you’re going to see better results w/ an “all season” fleet tire in rain than a K02

All that being said, regardless of tire type, I run the raptor in 4A whenever there’s rain, standing water, slippery roads, makes everything easier & prevents wheel hop/chatter from rear end struggling for traction- not just the light rear end, but the very wide footprint on less than ideal wet street tires + lots of TQ result in poor wet driving performance in 2H

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All that being said, regardless of tire type, I run the raptor in 4A whenever there’s rain, standing water, slippery roads, makes everything easier & prevents wheel hop/chatter from rear end struggling for traction- not just the light rear end, but the very wide footprint on less than ideal wet street tires + lots of TQ result in poor wet driving performance in 2H

Agreed. I mean, there is a specific drive mode for wet conditions...

I anticipate I'll be getting new tires before 2021 is over, and I likely will stick with KO2s. Because they work and my spare is completely unused, meaning I 'll only need 3 new tires instead of 4, relegating one of the old tires to spare duty.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OEM bfg ko2’s. However had to do an emergency stop this morning going about 45mph. I ended up sliding about 2-3 truck lengths and needed more. I was blessed that there was dirt to run into.

Well, now you know your capabilities. And your trucks. Don't blame the tires for you getting on the brakes too hard. Modulate. If you let the ABS do it for you, you already missed the mark on proper braking.