1 year later

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well officially one year later I figured I would force my thoughts on the Gen 3.

I bought a new 2020 back when they were giving 800a's and lower spec trims away for invoice, it was a decent truck (for $54.5k or so mind you) but couldn't live with the cloth, physical key, and no radar cruise so I sold it. Pretty much regretted it immediately so the second they announced the Gen 3 I started calling my dealer to order one. I leaned towards an 800a again just because now it had leather with heated / cooled, radar cruise with lane centering, digital dash, push to start, 360 camera, wireless carplay - pretty much everything I wished my Gen 2 had. And of course want to be cheap conservative. Price was $68,672 OTD with tax, title, license, and doc fee.

-Placed order 6/22/21
-In production 8/25/21
-Built 8/26/21
-Delivered 9/3/21

Now 1 year later I have 7,475 miles. Problems:
-Brake line rubbing on tire, dealer fix less than a day.
-Driveshaft heat shield recall, dealer fix in day.
-Rear window stuck down - still haven't fully fixed but the part is in.

That's it, no other glitches or problems (knock on wood). I guess the noisy shocks are a thing but I don't really notice. Thing has just been a great daily and love every second of it. Killer ride, decent performance, not really in your face, and tech is amazing. Hammers down dirt roads up north and takes out curbs downtown. Interior still looks brand new with no wear, PPF on the front has kept the rock chips away.

-15.4 lifetime MPG
-$2,185 spent on gas
-$1,750 front PPF (all partial front, fenders, mirrors) and full ceramic coat
-$11.16 spent at starbucks
-(1) $83 oil change and tire rotation

Ended up ordering a 37 as well, but as time goes on I'm not really sure I can justify the bump in price. I keep leaning towards a complement like a GT350 or something now, truck feels like something I can keep a long time. This will actually be the longest vehicle I've owned since 2017.

Even taking money out of the equation, these are killer trucks and I would 100% jump on one if you have a chance to buy - life is too short. Anyway that's my rant.

Attachments

• IMG_9563.jpg
    IMG_9563.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 167