KO2 Crack after 30,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleversn

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’m the proud owner of a 2017 Raptor with around 30,000 miles. I wanted to see if anyone else has seen or experienced this type of tire crack (I hope i attached the image correctly).

After talking to my local dealer they said there is no warranty even if it is a defect nor could the prorate a replacement.

If anyone has any advice let me know!
Thanks!

25D7011D-2012-48D0-A8EC-0C6500451F4F.jpeg

Wishmaker

Reaction score
I would contact the manufacturer. also go to Ford Support directly and complain. The manufacturer should make this right for you.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I partially agree with @David1986

the tire manufacturer would address this, were there anything to address, but let me point out that the truck is now 2.25 years old, along with the tires - maybe slightly older, you can tell from the cryptic print on the tires. That said, the pro-rating after 30,000 miles is probably next to nothing.

I would consider not wasting the time trying to run this to ground over a warranty / pro-rating claim and procure a set of tires. keep the best 2, of the 4 or 5 you replace and use for your spares. if you don’t have a 6th wheel, you can just pitch the extra one. whatever you decide, you should start the tire buying process sooner, rather than later.

OP
OP
Cleversn

Cleversn

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback. The dealer told me to contact America’s Tire and ask then to inspect it. They also said they may pro-rate it based on the tread depth.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It looks more like a slice to me, like from a sharp rock or something, i.e. rock crawling and spinning a tire. With 30k on it, I would just move it to the rear and not worry about it. Doesn't look that bad, IMO.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
Has any one noticed the BFGs that come stock on the Raptors are load range "C"?...I have had lots of sets of these tires but all load range "E" ...the same size on previous trucks ie currently F 250 and these tires have an "E" load range....I didn't know they were available in load range "C." They have always giving a very comfortable ride and been very durable in Range E...I just have never seen that option of a lower load tire in that size.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has any one noticed the BFGs that come stock on the Raptors are load range "C"?...I have had lots of sets of these tires but all load range "E" ...the same size on previous trucks ie currently F 250 and these tires have an "E" load range....I didn't know they were available in load range "C." They have always giving a very comfortable ride and been very durable in Range E...I just have never seen that option of a lower load tire in that size.
The load range C are pretty reasonably priced too. https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2/p/33624