KMC Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfauerbach

Reaction score
Anyone running these? they say not DOT approved

KMC MATTE BLACK KM235 GRENADE CRAWL BEADLOCK WHEEL

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had them on a Jeep we just sold. Really good wheels. Kmc has the thickest ring on the market which I like. Have some other methods the ring can deform if you tighten in wrong. Kmc is very sturdy. Good wheels

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No beadlocks are legal on US roads... when you run them as a beadlock.
Hutchinson Rock Monster beadlock wheels are DOT approved but don't have our lug pattern. Those are one of the only ones I know that are DOT approved. Of course there is the Icon Rebound Pros kinda of a different style beadlock.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hutchinson Rock Monster beadlock wheels are DOT approved but don't have our lug pattern. Those are one of the only ones I know that are DOT approved. Of course there is the Icon Rebound Pros kinda of a different style beadlock.
Then qualified with, any outer ring based bead lock is not DOT legal when used as a beadlock :p

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Then qualified with, any outer ring based bead lock is not DOT legal when used as a beadlock :p
Ok, but are they specifically illegal?
Can you point to a state law or law from various states proving they’re not legal?
And, more importantly has anyone ever been cited & convicted for the crime of, generically, “improper equipment” for using bead lock wheels?

I’m just asking.

This gets thrown around a lot on here and I’ve never seen anyone show proof they’re 1) actually illegal and 2) anyone actually having been cited and convicted for it.
I don’t have them or campaign bead locks, I’m just asking for actual evidence here.