Upper grille light replacement

elMechanic

Full Access Member
While I've got my front grille off I figured it might be a good time to replace the grille lights. Mine are fairly yellowed and oxidized at this point. Late last year I replaced all 4 side marker lights with the Gen 2 OEM units as I liked the lightly smoked but still clear lenses a lot more than the dark smoked aftermarket ones. I also wanted to stay with yellow and red LED's rather than go to white. Has anyone here replaced their grille lights with an aftermarket kit or maybe checked if the Gen 2 lights will fit? So far I'm looking at the Morimoto kit as the lenses have that very lightly smoked look to them like the Gen 2 lights do and also they are plug and play.

https://www.americantrucks.com/morimoto-f150-xb-led-grille-lights-smoked-lf7939-1.html?utm_content=AT Lights - Grille Lights|Morimoto&T5_Var4=T548926&utm_campaign=ATF+F150+Vehicle+Medium&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&T5_Var3=red&gclid=CjwKCAjwg4-EBhBwEiwAzYAlsmTsVOyPgYzF7nsUZXiLXKtZH5q-ITmWDU78Zgd_S4u2uJX70jSZZxoCgFwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have been planning to install the same Morimoto grill lights as well for couple of months now, but still didn’t order them yet.

and This video dropped 3 days ago showing how they look, I like it tbh.

Cody Templeton

Full Access Member
If I bought them I'd wanna replace the side markers so that they match as well. The stock lights have the 4 individual LED's whereas the Morimoto ones have 12, so they don't look segmented.