GEN 2 Key On Power Behind Rear Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptus

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, ordering it now.

Lockitt POSI-TAP Assortment Pack wire connectors 10-22 AWG $9.94

Jay Z

Reaction score
I've got a 2018 Crew Cab and I'm installing a pair of QTP electronic cutouts right after the resonator and before the muffler. In a perfect world I will not modify anything past the resonator exhaust tubes. This way if I want to go back to the OEM exhaust system I just need to replace the resonator.

I'm using a wireless controller that I will program to the garage door openers and mount behind the rear seat. I found a great way to run the wiring from the electronic cutouts on the exhaust system into the cab behind the rear seats and I found a 12V hot wire but it is always on. Has anyone found key on power behind the rear seats? If so, I'd love to know which wire. :)

Have a Happy 4th of July weekend!

John

After you are done with the install can you post a video of exhaust open? I would like to hear how it sounds.

OP
OP
Raptus

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should sound similar to a muffler delete kit when fully open. The nice thing about the QTP exhaust valves is they can be partially opened so you can adjust the noise to some degree.