K02 updated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was getting 16.5mpg with a 50/50 mix of city and highway...generally pretty easy on it. All highway I will see closer to 19mpg. That was on relatively worn tires though. Curious how it'll do on fresh rubber...though even 16.5 is pretty impressive for anything on 35s.
Mine’s nearly the same. 16.9 mostly off highway but not necessarily stop and go. Will touch 20 on all highway trips. I’m due for tires before it snows. Currently at 31k

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the dealer order mine today. She said there were two in the system but they are exactly the same so she just picked one. I confirmed it’s load C so I assume I’ll be ok either way. It was $1500 mounted and balanced. Direct tire direct has them for $1204/set so I figured what the hell. I know it’s not 300 to mount and balance but it saves me any hassles should one of them be defective.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the dealer order mine today. She said there were two in the system but they are exactly the same so she just picked one. I confirmed it’s load C so I assume I’ll be ok either way. It was $1500 mounted and balanced. Direct tire direct has them for $1204/set so I figured what the hell. I know it’s not 300 to mount and balance but it saves me any hassles should one of them be defective.
I had never thought about what happens if you buy online and have a defective tire, until I saw a review on Tire Rack from a really pissed off guy that had to remove his defective tire and send it back, then wait to hear if they would warranty it! So his car (had a space saver spare) was then sitting without a wheel/tire for 2 weeks while they screwed him around. He then got to pay for demounting, remounting, and another balance. F that. I never bought online tires again since I saw that.

Every time I needed tires since, when I took a little time and price shopped, I would be VERY close to the online prices, a few times slightly below, once you added mounting/balancing fees.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had never thought about what happens if you buy online and have a defective tire, until I saw a review on Tire Rack from a really pissed off guy that had to remove his defective tire and send it back, then wait to hear if they would warranty it! So his car (had a space saver spare) was then sitting without a wheel/tire for 2 weeks while they screwed him around. He then got to pay for demounting, remounting, and another balance. F that. I never bought online tires again since I saw that.

Every time I needed tires since, when I took a little time and price shopped, I would be VERY close to the online prices, a few times slightly below, once you added mounting/balancing fees.

This is why I don't buy online, it's also why I'm hesitant to get rebuilt shocks even from highly rated folks like TSW. It's not that I don't think they'll do a good job or stand behind their work, but if I have a leaky shock, I need to pay to have it uninstalled, send it back, get a replacement and pay to have it reinstalled. Even if they went the extra extra mile and sent me one in good faith before I send mine back to make the inconvenience as minimal as possible under the circumstances, I"m still left with an extra cost of removal/reinstallation and potentially alignment.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I figure I’m within $150 of the online plus paying for mount and balance so whatever.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have purchased a fare amount of tires between multiple car/truck/suv with multiple track/winter/summer setups for each.

Discount Tire always matches Tire Direct prices so that negates price. Plus I always get tire certificates cause I am always lucky finding tire flatterers. Soooooo…. At discount tire you get lifetime balance/rotate “included” so that’s the route I go. Plus in the event you have issues, you have the local shop

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have purchased a fare amount of tires between multiple car/truck/suv with multiple track/winter/summer setups for each.

Discount Tire always matches Tire Direct prices so that negates price. Plus I always get tire certificates cause I am always lucky finding tire flatterers. Soooooo…. At discount tire you get lifetime balance/rotate “included” so that’s the route I go. Plus in the event you have issues, you have the local shop
We don’t have the brick and mortar discount tire here that’s convenient to get to. My local shop probably could’ve quoted similar and they’re quite good, but I honestly like the Ford service department here and it’s like a mile away.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
The K02’s that were on my 2020 Raptor were some of my favorite tires in the snow. How can you find the speed rating? I’m just thinking about when I need tires for the TRX.