K02 updated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinned

Reaction score
Went to order tires today and found that the stock 113S rated tire isn't available right now, but a 113T version was. Tire shop has indicated everything is the same spec wise (and BFG website indicates they're the recommended tire now for the Raptor), but they have a step higher speed rating and are 1-2lbs per tire lighter.

Getting them installed Wednesday. Wondering if this is just updated because the Gen 3 is now using the higher speed rated tire, anyone know?

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked mine that I had installed last week and they are 113T. Wouldn't have noticed a difference if you wouldn't have mentioned it

OP
OP
P

Pinned

Reaction score
New tires mounted - visually identical. The ride / road noise on the highway is so much better than the ~30k mile tires they are replacing. I have no doubt I could have gotten the originals to 40k+ but fresh tires certainly feel a lot better.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully the fixed the issue with the originals cupping with 70% of their tread still on the tire. I had to ditch my factory KO2's even though they had plenty of tread life left due to cupping and excessive road noise. Went with 35x11.5x17 load range E and they have been far more durable. Ride is only marginally more stiff, but they do tow better.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Granted I didn’t rotate, but the rear tires were cupped horribly, the center pretty much bald, the sides still had plenty. After 16k miles… I did not have them over inflated, 80% of the miles were at 31 psi. The fronts had more tread left in general, but the opposite wear pattern (34psi).

got new tires on yesterday, crazy how quiet they are when new. The noise was really getting annoying.

OP
OP
P

Pinned

Reaction score
Agreed. Granted I didn’t rotate, but the rear tires were cupped horribly, the center pretty much bald, the sides still had plenty. After 16k miles… I did not have them over inflated, 80% of the miles were at 31 psi. The fronts had more tread left in general, but the opposite wear pattern (34psi).

got new tires on yesterday, crazy how quiet they are when new. The noise was really getting annoying.
The noise difference is astounding.

Mine were a little bit cupped - but they had been rotated every 5k. I think lower rear pressure will definitely help too.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that, like me, you are getting significantly less than the 18 mpg that some people are reportedly getting?

OP
OP
P

Pinned

Reaction score
I have a feeling that, like me, you are getting significantly less than the 18 mpg that some people are reportedly getting?
I was getting 16.5mpg with a 50/50 mix of city and highway...generally pretty easy on it. All highway I will see closer to 19mpg. That was on relatively worn tires though. Curious how it'll do on fresh rubber...though even 16.5 is pretty impressive for anything on 35s.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully the fixed the issue with the originals cupping with 70% of their tread still on the tire. I had to ditch my factory KO2's even though they had plenty of tread life left due to cupping and excessive road noise. Went with 35x11.5x17 load range E and they have been far more durable. Ride is only marginally more stiff, but they do tow better.
Same for me. I replaced them at 23k but started to get loud about 15k. Badly cupped on the inside. I was running 34Psi all around. Now at 45 all around with the E's