Toyo AT3 35" E-Rated Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as the title says anybody running the E-rated Toyo AT3 in a 35? Reason I ask is their C-rated 6 ply's have a low rating of 35psi, lower load rating than stock, and really low speed rating. Ultimately, Toyo themselves recommend the E rated 35" for the Raptors. I've read they are compliant for a 10 ply tire but hoping for any first hand feedback?

Right now, I have 37" OEM BFG's (on a 35 truck) and chasing constant balancing issues with them. Had AT3's on my previous AT4 and really liked them.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 37 Falken AT3/W in E. It was definitely noticeable to me, but it was unbearable. You’ll find equal amounts of people saying they do or don’t feel the difference.

I went back to C and I’m very happy. I am considering D on the next set, I’ve heard they ride very similar to C and usually have more tread life.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new Falken Wildpeak RT is looking pretty good, I might try that tire next

OP
OP
pnwobrigade

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the at3 from toyo also comes in a D ply if you havent seen that.

Also i think the balancing thing is just a BFG thing, i think their QC has gone down a bit.
I did recently see this if I stick with the Metric 315 size which might be the ticket.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did recently see this if I stick with the Metric 315 size which might be the ticket.
That's what I did with AT3 and absolutely loved those tires. Replacing my K02's as soon as next winter hits with Toyo AT3 again.

OP
OP
pnwobrigade

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So contacted TireRack to swap out my BFG's that have been a nightmare for 315/70/17 Toyo AT3. Figured once last bump for anyone's thoughts between 35 x 12.50 - E Range vs 315/70 - D Range. The "only" superficial thing that has me curious of the true 35 is the flotation size have more aggressive tread/sidewall and generally slightly different construction for off-road from what Toyo said.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mall crawlin, go with the D. If you're actually driving off-road or towing, I'd go E. I run E on my Raptor and Land Cruiser 200. Much rather be safe than sorry in that department.