Just Raced Mint 400 in my Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metroman

Reaction score
For all those who say it can't be done I just want to say oh yes it can. This weekend we raced in class 1800 in the Mint 400. Our class did 2 laps. My Raptor has been 4 linked by H&M Racing Design. Kevin (Owner at H&M) has been my co-driver for 3 races now. I am having H&M build me a 6100 truck but for now I am "training" in the "Race Raptor". Weighing in at over 7,000 LBS it is amazing what we can do in this Raptor. I just thought I would post up here to show you guys what we have done. We are very proud of our performance. I did get stuck for 2 hours so we came in around 6th in our class out of 16 vehicles. We were on pace for a podium finish we think. I nailed a huge rock that busted the tie rod off the knuckle. By the time a welder got to us in the field and fixed it we were down 2 hours. But we still finished. Below I will put a few stills of the truck and a video. The number of vehicles we were passing speaks for itself. Great job done by H&M Racing Design.

http://vimeo.com/89366463

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpg
    IMG_2487.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2501.jpg
    IMG_2501.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn thats an early start time, and getting passed going 106 mph WTH? Nice video and congrats on the finish man!

D

Deleted member 12951

Okay, that has to be one of the best bad-ass raptor video's I have watched to date. Awesome!

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Very cool guys. I stopped by and said hi to someone during contingency and talked about TRR. We raced the afternoon race. That dry lakebed section is really badass. We did 130.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very cool !! How long does it take the urge to find that rattle to go away ?:)

OP
OP
M

metroman

Reaction score
Very cool guys. I stopped by and said hi to someone during contingency and talked about TRR. We raced the afternoon race. That dry lakebed section is really badass. We did 130.

What did you race? What was your number?

Lap times are up now here:

http://www.bitd.com/images/stories/pdfs/Mint400/2014Mint400LapTimes.pdf

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Very cool !! How long does it take the urge to find that rattle to go away ?:)

Thats the noise of by-pass shocks. It never goes away. When you have headers and helmets etc you don't notice it after awhile. You are paying more attention to the road coming at you, the sound of the engine (RPM's), and how the truck is handling. Rocks are kicking up on steel non stop so you hear non-stop noise. I use ear buds in my helmet from PCI Radio. They block out some of the noise the GoPro picks up and helps you hear the radio and intercom.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
TT 57 and 7257. We also have TT 69.

What did you race? What was your number?

Lap times are up now here:

http://www.bitd.com/images/stories/pdfs/Mint400/2014Mint400LapTimes.pdf

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Thats the noise of by-pass shocks. It never goes away. When you have headers and helmets etc you don't notice it after awhile. You are paying more attention to the road coming at you, the sound of the engine (RPM's), and how the truck is handling. Rocks are kicking up on steel non stop so you hear non-stop noise. I use ear buds in my helmet from PCI Radio. They block out some of the noise the GoPro picks up and helps you hear the radio and intercom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc