Just got a gen2 can I take it to a car wash ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is stock width and I take it through automatic car washes. I've had it through five or six different ones without issue.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I almost got mine stuck in an automatic carwash shortly after I bought it. The guy at the carwash said it would fit, but it didn't lol. Luckily it didn't damage the truck. I've only hand-washed it at home since then. Almost every automatic carwash around me now use brushes which are horrible for the paint too.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always do it yourself with the proper supplies.
Self washing advantages:
1. Much better results (depending on your degree of effort).
2. Less damage / scratching to the paint, you can prewash or similar.
3. Better products to use (Adams, CGuys, etc).
4. Get to know every inch of the truck.
5. Cost is a wash (get it ?) using the DIY wash. Cheaper if you have hose access.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use car wash once in a while especially in winter. Car wash owner has a Raptor and it is a very nice new one....so depends on car wash. There are several around here that I would not take a Prius though let alone a Raptor.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always do it yourself with the proper supplies.
Self washing advantages:
1. Much better results (depending on your degree of effort).
2. Less damage / scratching to the paint, you can prewash or similar.
3. Better products to use (Adams, CGuys, etc).
4. Get to know every inch of the truck.
5. Cost is a wash (get it ?) using the DIY wash. Cheaper if you have hose access.

I don't consider myself an expert in detail work by a long shot. However, I have no doubt that I can do a better job in less overall then any automated or hand wash place....unless I'm taking it to an actual detail professional or something.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't consider myself an expert in detail work by a long shot. However, I have no doubt that I can do a better job in less overall then any automated or hand wash place....unless I'm taking it to an actual detail professional or something.

I can definitely do a better job myself but I just don't have the time for that. If it was a sports car it would be easier and I'd see it as more necessary, but for a truck that gets dirty anyway it's just not worth the time. I take mine through automatic washes and if there's a choice between touchless and soft touch I pick soft touch. The contact takes bug splats and sticky stuff off much better.

Dan Deinek

Reaction score
I use a great auto car wash with a monthly fee . unlimited washes. 19.99/month with free vacuums . Never had an issue. Not sure of the haters worried about scratching there truck. I take mine off road so don't really care. When you live in a rust state with salt on roads daily its a great convenience especially when it's 20F . I am there atleast once a week. Sometimes 2-3 . GEN 1 35s

Jaeis62

Reaction score
I take mine through the local car wash usually about twice a week, the place is called Washtopia, it’s veteran owned and right across the street from work. I’ve been using this place for over two years and can take duallys and wide vehicles. Week before last I did get my front drivers side marker light broken, though I’m not 100% sure it was the car wash. $50.00 and twenty minutes later fixed. The paint on my Raptor is just as nice or nicer than anyone’s around me.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a completely touchless wash here, no problems, there are a cpl drops of water through the sunroof where the high pressure hits it just right, you would never know unless you watch it happen, had the dealer check that out and they said it’s fine. I wouldn’t use anything with brushes or spinning wheels imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk