Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 Car Wash

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by shooters1380, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

Am I the only one mental enough that I think of this super cool song every time I see the "Car Wash" title pop up in the recent threads?

2. rayofsi

rayofsi FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

i went halfway through a regular car wash, when the guy stopped it and told me to drive straight through, its not going to work! running 0 offset wheels, so i'm a bit wider then a regular raptor also. No problems with touchless, just haven't found one that worked well around here.

3. Medic 6

Medic 6 Full Access Member

Hand wash forever and use the car wash sprayer for removing the winter road crap in PA. Never used the automatic car wash on the Raptor.

Raptorial likes this.
  4. Raptorial

Raptorial Full Access Member

This^^

Never go through a car wash. Sure it’s a truck, but a very expensive one at that. Don’t unnecessarily abuse it.

I had a TRD PRO Taco I had at AAOA. I had my garage prepped for it on the way back, but was feeling lazy after a 4 hour drive.

I hit a local car wash against my better judgement. Let’s just say it took several days of work with a DA buffer to remove all of the scratches the car wash put in the clear coat. Not worth it

JohnyPython likes this.
  5. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

Take your spam and get the f*** out.