Just bought a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those are the standard ones. the special edition are a little different in the rings. however he could probably powdercoat them. at almost $2k for them after tax and shipping.... holy crap.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those are the standard ones. the special edition are a little different in the rings. however he could probably powdercoat them. at almost $2k for them after tax and shipping.... holy crap.
Gotcha. I just saw special edition and went with it. I never owned a gen 1 so I am lost on all things related to them for sure. $2k is pricey for used wheels

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Honestly, I think tesla drivers are worse. They have some sort of traumatic response to seeing a pickup truck, creating an uncontrollable need to get in front of you then slam on the brakes. But when they show you their middle finger you just show them your crimson laser sight. ;)
Some nitwit in a s00b pulled in behind me while filling up a few years ago, then started with the passive aggressive ‘couldn’t you have pulled up further, now I have to wait 20 minutes while you fill up’. I corrected her - ‘that’s a diesel pump up there, and this isn’t a diesel truck.’ I then just stared at her for a few awkward seconds and was finally met with ‘oh... sorry’.

I don’t drive much in the city and don’t see many EV’s.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to drive an '86 shortbed stepside f150 for work. Full cage, bent beams, tube bumpers, etc. It was perfectly suited to the narrow roads and potholes in LA. I recall pulling into a gas station and stopping so the rear aluminum fuel tank filler was as close as possible to the gas pump. A nitwit in a tiny car pulled up behind my truck and didn't stop until she was beneath it. Literally, her hood was below my bumper as well as the fuel tank. So I walked to the back of the truck, climbed up and walked on her hood then stepped down to insert the credit card and release the hose, then climbed back on her hood and pumped gas. She was either too scared or too embarrassed to do anything while my boots dented her hood, but I went into dga f mode and filled the 40ga tank, then replaced the hose, got the receipt, and walked over her hood again.