JL Stealthbox question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pry the little cover off the seatbelt bolt. then its a t50 torx and then the panel is held on by metal clips. just pull outward. be careful because the clips can be tight sometimes and cause stress to the plastic causing white lines if you pull to hard or too quickly.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

i forgot, you should remove both door sill trims too. thise just come off by pulling up on them. but again, be careful of stressing the plastic. sometimes the rubber seal comes up too. not an issue. just put i back down when you get them off.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

no. wait. one more bolt. it is a 7mm behind the little plastic cover that says "airbag"

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pry the little cover off the seatbelt bolt. then its a t50 torx and then the panel is held on by metal clips. just pull outward. be careful because the clips can be tight sometimes and cause stress to the plastic causing white lines if you pull to hard or too quickly.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

i forgot, you should remove both door sill trims too. thise just come off by pulling up on them. but again, be careful of stressing the plastic. sometimes the rubber seal comes up too. not an issue. just put i back down when you get them off.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

no. wait. one more bolt. it is a 7mm behind the little plastic cover that says "airbag"

Dude, now you're making me not want to do it lol.

Bulldog

Reaction score
do you want 1 or 2 woofers? i make boxes for both setups.

Noah - For the Supercab model, what are the dimensional box differences between 1 and 2 woofers? I am trying to understand what usable space remains under the seat for storage. I would be interested in getting a quote from you and lead time for both setups using the JL Audio 10tw3.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the supercab, there is no extra useable space. the box takes the whole length of te 2/3 side. reason being is because it has to bolt in on both side to keep it secure. also, once the box is in place,the rear seats do not fold up anymore. unfortunately its the only way i have been able to come up with a box that can hold the bigger woofers and also remain sturdy enough for the offroading that these trucks get put through.

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is somewhat off subject but I was considering having mytouch installed. The truck comes stock with Microsoft sync so would it be that difficult? I'd consider aftermarket but I don't like how the adapter puts the screen towards the bottom of the dash. Would the dealership **** me on this one?