Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

JDUB's 2013 Raptor

Discussion in '2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by JDUB, Feb 18, 2013.

1. mouldman1

mouldman1 FRF Addict

very nice

2. Pynenut

Pynenut Full Access Member

Plan on graphix?

3. JDUB

JDUB Full Access Member

No, not as of now. I am a plain no frills kinda guy. I am even second guessing my flat black hood wrap. Surprisingly my wife really likes the digital mud graphics though.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  4. JDUB

JDUB Full Access Member

Wrapped CV Half Shafts

Wrapped my CV half shafts today with some electrical tape. I think it looks terrible when the CV half shafts are rusted. So, this will keep them from rusting and adds a nice touch to the IFS area.

Attached Files:

5. 425_Raptor

425_Raptor Member

Perfect, thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

That baby is freshly waxed. Now has the mirror reflector delete, K&N drop in filter, and D-Bug screen thus far... a lot more to come![/QUOTE]

What's a D-Bug screen ?

6. jdombrowski1077

jdombrowski1077 Full Access Member

Was that the same day you did your mid perch also? How well does the Electrical Tape hold up?

7. JDUB

JDUB Full Access Member

What's a D-Bug screen ?[/QUOTE]

D-Bug screen is a metal screen, similar to screen door mesh, which goes behind the grill and protects stuff, like bugs, bees, etc., from getting into your radiator fins. I highly recommend it. I put it on day one and as of now there is not a single bug or anything in the radiator fins.

Ford F-150 Raptor

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

No, the mid perch was done by RPG a few days prior.

The electrical tape should hold up good. Like everything else, it's all about preparation. I cleaned the half shafts really good with thinner / acetone. This will allow the tape to stick to the shafts. The second layer just adheres to the tape itself, which it normally does a good job of anyways.

I have seen a lot of offroad racing buggies and trucks with this done and it seems to hold up, even in their racing environment, so it should hold up really well for what I use the truck for. We'll just have to wait and see!

8. jdombrowski1077

Good Idea. Ive never seen that before. Will have to think about it when I actually get my truck.

9. JDUB

JDUB Full Access Member

Thanks! Looks a lot better than when they're rusted. I found it was easier to jack up the tire and spin it with one hand while I wrapped the tape around the shaft with the other hand. You'll find out there is very little room between the shocks and half shafts!

Raptized likes this.
  10. jdombrowski1077

Thanks for the tip.