Jamal explains why the Gen II is better than the Gen I.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well said @RaptorWifey

I ignored him days ago once I realized he was disingenuous and probably just picked our forum randomly to have some fun with his buddies.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well said @RaptorWifey

I ignored him days ago once I realized he was disingenuous and probably just picked our forum randomly to have some fun with his buddies.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Probably nuthin'. My order will be placed the very first day the banks open...:party36:

So the regularly scheduled program would be butthurt Gen I guys bagging on the Gen II and trolling the '17 section insulting those of us who are looking forward to the all new military grade Gen II Raptor. Is that it?

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not my fault you guys keep quoting me. I'm not left alone here. If you don't like the '17 nor what I say about it that's not my fault.

Hameedi is the head of the Raptor project as far as I know. It's his job to make it better. if he was spewing lies he'd get fired by Ford.

New heavy duty frame is a great upgrade given the vids we've seen of the Gen I bending.

As far as ne being banned? For what, stating my opinion in the '17 board, about the new '17 Raptor? I think it's better given the research I've done on it, and I'll be ordering one.

If Jamal came out and said something that is closer to the truth, something along the lines of "The new EB V6 in the Raptor will be a marginal improvement in HP and TQ, will likely get the same or worse gas mileage than a V8, cost Ford millions of dollars in development for little in the way of MPG/performance increase, and oh by the way sounds god awful at full honk" then he probably wouldn't have a job at Ford. We all understand this.

Like some of the other guys here have said, when Jamal says something in regards to the Raptor, I tend to give it more weight than when it's announced by one of the Ford PR marketing pissheads. But I also understand that Jamal has to publicly back the truck 100%. The reason for that is because EcoBoost is marketing. Pure and simple. The word has brand equity now and Ford is going to stick it in everything they can because they are committed to it and can't back down now. If they had announced the next Raptor with something other than EB, somebody would be questioning why an EB motor is good enough for the normal F-150 but not good enough for the badass Raptor. Ford wants us to think that EcoBoost is the be-all, end-all for engine tech. You've fallen for that one hook, line, and sinker.

A V6 has no prestige or performance heritage at Ford. People seriously question the V6 in the Ford GT as well, but in that case Ford was more limited by homologation rules for displacement than anything. There is no limitation for the Raptor, simply a cynical marketing scheme. They could (and should have) spent the money to either modernize the 6.2 (aluminum block, quad cam, 4v heads, direct injection, etc) or to turbo the 5.0 (an engine configuration and displacement that actually has some performance history at Ford).

The ratio of Raptors to normal F-150s sold means **** all to CAFE score. MPG is not a consideration for this truck.

The one thing that you purposefully ignore (because you are a shitposter and a troll) is that the majority of us have said that rest of the Gen II Raptor is sorted. The only thing giving us pause is the power plant. You can continue to insinuate that we hate the '17 completely because we're jealous (or whatever other retarded reason you can come up with). But we all know that you are just stirring up the pot.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More oh look I have a twin turbo v6 girly engine. I get a rumble in the cab from my girly speakers. My friends call me bitch because I like girly things video to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.